best way to relieve sore muscles

I like soaking in a hot bath, with some aroma therapy salts, take a couple of ibuprofen, maybe have a nice glass of wine...relax, then go to bed and get lots of rest.

Sore muscles suck...but it means your workout is doing the trick! Building up that lactic acid is a good thing! ;-)

I like soaking in a hot bath, with some aroma therapy salts, take a couple of ibuprofen, maybe have a nice glass of wine...relax, then go to bed and get lots of rest.

Sore muscles suck...but it means your workout is doing the trick! Building up that lactic acid is a good thing! ;-)

I'm glad my workouts are doing the trick. I don't mind the sore muscles. I like working out.

Hot bath with Epsom salt, very cheap and effective. Are you taking in protein right after the workout? It's very crucial as well as maintaining good protein intake (1g per your body weight at least for maintenance). Drink plenty of water as your muscles are 70% water. Ibuprofein does help if the soreness doesn't go away. The rest is just rest and don't workout a sore muscle. You can damage them easily.

Have you ever tried magnetic therapy? I have Fibromyalgia, an ingured knee that never healed, and carpal tunnel in both wrists, and I work as a cashier on concrete floors lifting heavy items like 60 pound bags of concrete all day, so I know a bit about pain, and I can tell you, if you get a good mattress and sleep with magnets on the affected areas, you'll feel much better in the morning. They have kits with straps that magnets attach to keep them right on the affected areas or mattress pads with built in magnets to help your entire body, although they aren't as affective as the ones that are right on your body. I have both.

Archived