My girlfriend wont talk to me

Firstly id like to thank anyone that replys to this as i really need advice on what to do.

My gf's mum has been suffering with lung cancer for some years and had become worse lately and had to go into hospital for a vital operation, but just the other day she found out that her mum had less than 5 days to live and she rang me sounding very upset, at first i couldnt understand what she was saying, i then txted her after and she told me her mum is going to die..

I then txted her saying that i will be here for you if you want to talk or sumthing, i then texted again saying do you want to talk now?? i got no reply.

I havent had a reply since and i dont know how to get her to talk to me, we're only 16 and her dad no longer lives with her so its even more difficult. I just want to know how she is and whats going to happen, am i going to get to see her again??

What should i do now, i need advice, should i just wait for her to contact me, i cant write her a letter or nothing simply because she wont be living at home at the moment because i think she will be staying with her sister and i dont know where she lives.

Every time i try to ring her fone or try to txt her i get no reponse, would it be best for me to just leave her alone and just let her know ill be there if she ever needs nething?, neone else in the same situation? Replys would be very much appreciated..

Be there for her, she may not be ready to talk about it yet, but be there. Stand beside her and hold he tight, let her know without speaking that you care for her and will always be there.

Trying to get her to talk to you if she is not ready will be difficult, especially if you are not getting any responses from her. Do not make her feel bad about not responding to you, she has enough to feel bad about right now.

As for will you see her again? If you like each other, know that you will and you will see her again.

I can't even begin to relate to what your g/f is going through right now with her mother's illness...especially at such a young and crucial time in her life....Not to mention that her father doesn't live with them, but will hopefully he'll be there for her to offer support. I agree with psipro and ironblood, I wouldn't stop contacting her to offer your support, even if it's just to provide a shoulder to lean on, someone she can talk to, or just to sit with you in silence... so she'll know she is not alone on this difficult journey.

Right now I would imagine she may be so grief stricken that she doesn't have the energy to talk to anyone, even if your her b/f, right now ...her mother is her main priority and she may feel selfish doing anything related to herself right now. You are a very special young man to be so concerned about your g/f, she is a lucky girl to have you in her life. Stick by her, be understanding and understand she is not herself right now...it will unfortunately get rougher before it gets better. Be there for her...she will come around when she's able to.

My prayers go out to all of you,

Woobiegirl

• 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i'm actually going through this right now. my gf well technically ex-gf cause we broke up the other day, the same day she found out her dad had no more than a week to live. its rough, the only positive part is i'm good friends with her brother and i've talked to her mother. she unfortuately hasn't made any attempt to contact me since the breakup to let me know what is going on, which is kind of surprising, although her brother said give her a couple days. shes not taking this well although if you saw her you would never know. she has been pretty emotionless about all this, even going so far as to push me away. i've lost a parent myself so i know how hard it can be, just try to be patient i know i am and its hard as hell cause all you want to do is call and talk to them and comfort them and let them know it'll be alright. but it still tears you up inside knowing you can't do anything more than be supportive.

• 2 weeks later...

Let her be. She doesnt want to talk. It may be hard and sound harsh but thats a stage in grieving. I didnt talk to anyone for afew days when my twin died just an occasional grunt here and there. And i know his best friend wos the same. Dont make her feel bad for not talking to you. Just elt her know youre there whenever SHE is ready and just hold on. If she really cares for you she will be calling you when shes ready. It probably wont be too long either.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

i know when i lost my dad i pretty much shut everybody out of my life for about a month and would not talk about him to anybody. if somebody brought him up i would get mad or just cry uncontrollably. thats probably what she is going through. when she comes out of it, hopefully she will come back to you. she probably just needs some time to herself to grieve and remember her mom. sorry that u and ur girlfriend are having to go through this. good luck with the situation

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

Personally i think u shud leave her for a bit as this cud b bugging her but also u shud stand by her as she is feeling very frustrated at the moment as this is a simular situation to wen my dad died i just shut everyone out of my life, i felt angry and sad but if you stand by her and leave her for a whlie until her mum gets a bit better then she'll b fine and may get over it but remember to stand by her as she wont have any1 and she will need some help off sum1 other than family.

Hope this helps you, see ya and gd luk wid everyfin

luv frankee x x x