Having trouble with pants

... No really, hear me out. I'm a pretty big guy (6'6", 198cm) and I'm around 230# (104kg) and I've been working out and kicking some serious butt in the gym. However, my pants are getting to be too tight.

Today, my boot cut jeans... I went to cross my legs and I hear... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIP.

I'm guessing I need to buy looser jeans, but I love the cut of boot cut. HALP.

Are you into cowboy-tights?

I'm about the same size and never rip my knickers.

Actually, I used to ride a track bicycle and my quads felt packed into otherwise suitable pants.

Maybe one of those bodybuilder clothing stores with big sleeves and legs?

Well, they were always a little, uh... huggy. I like to show off what the universe gave me (butt) and what I worked for (my legs.)

Now they're just getting so muscled... It's getting quite difficult. But I don't want to end up having to wear a denim tarp.

Bustin' at the seams! LOL How bout a nice pair of leggings? Plenty of stretch in those puppies!

Seriously, Longpants (hubby) is 6'5" and just over 300 lbs, he wears the relaxed fit jeans mostly, but it is touch and go with brands that look good on him and ones that make him look like one of those hoodlums that wear their boxers hanging out of the top of their pants like a foot. Eeeew! The relaxed fit def gives him the boo-tay and thigh room bigger guys need, but like I said, try different brands as they all fit different.

You can still wear bootcut if you wanted, you just need to find jeans that have more room in the thigh and top block. Some jeans will have around 5% poly to allow stretch so look for those.

Yeah, I'm going to need that. Maybe I'll just learn to make my own.

link removed

link removed

You can always have custom made ones, but I don't know what the quality would actually be like.

Nudie, Diesel, Corpus, Monarchy, Rock & Republic, Cheap Monday, and Earnest Sewn, 7 For All Mankind all make jeans for taller guys. I'm no man though so I'm going by what I've been told and what I have read.

Check this out

link removed

I recommend getting a pair custom tailored. I have an issue where pants are HUGE in my legs if I get them to fit my waist size (carry my weight in my stomach/hips) so I look like super frumpy in normal jeans... I got a pair tailored once and they looked hot.

Sounds like you're filling out with muscle, hot stuff. Don't sweat the fact that you're having to get larger pants if it's because you're working out and building up your legs!

In the end it's not at all about what size you wear, it's about your health, both mental and physical. If you're healthy (or at least getting healthier) and glad about the changes you're making in your body, the numbers in or on your jeans are unimportant. And you can get jeans that fit you nicely, believe me! I personally like Wrangler, and though I prefer a looser fit than you seem to prefer, they have various cuts of the leg so surely you can find something that works for you with them or some other brand.

Keep being good to yourself, and enjoy!

Light and laughter,

SongCoyote

Yeah, I'm going to need that. Maybe I'll just learn to make my own.

Do it. You'll earn mass respect from me if you even attempt.

link removed

link removed

You can always have custom made ones, but I don't know what the quality would actually be like.

Nudie, Diesel, Corpus, Monarchy, Rock & Republic, Cheap Monday, and Earnest Sewn, 7 For All Mankind all make jeans for taller guys. I'm no man though so I'm going by what I've been told and what I have read.

Check this out

link removed

I can say from personal experience that Nudie jeans are pretty well made and have a decent range of cuts to choose from. Earnest Sewn had some good stuff, but ever since the original founders (and creative director) left the company the quality and design has taken a huge step back. 7fam jeans aren't worth a dime.

I could offer you some better alternatives if you've got a certain cut in mind.

Archived