IM conversations been worse lately

I have a female friend that I used to enjoy talking to over IM because she was nice and seemed to enjoy talking to me, etc. But I'm lately she's been doing some annoying things while on IM:

1. she mainly replies with lol XD!

2. she uses one word/ one sentence replies

3. she doesn't go into detail about what she did last night, on _____ trip, etc.

4. finally she doesn't ask any questions about what I do, or what I did last weekend, that kind of thing

How do I go about making her talk more? It feels annoying to have to maintain the conversation like this.

Hint that she's not paying attention, if it's an absolute must.

"Lol, sorry, you busy?"

I should probably bring that up; actually I've thought about telling her she needs to talk more and that it's ok to ask me questions, but I don't want to feel like I'm forcing her to during a conversation. When it comes down to it, I think she is either the type of person to not open up to other people or she really doesn't feel like talking to me (which might be why she keeps using one word responses). Arrghh, this is frustrating because I've known her for over 2 years now and she still doesn't seem comfortable talking with me. If this keeps up should I stop trying to initiate conversations with her over IM?

Archived