Naming Baby

WeJustMET

Hey everybody!

I'm having problems finding baby names...I'm only 18 weeks along so I have some time yet but I would like to find some that I like at least a little bit. All of the names I've come accross so far don't pop out at me.

I need a name that starts with a vowel (family trad.).

My baby is mixed, I'm white and the father is black. I know a lot of people say it doesn't make any difference what race the baby is, that a name is a name, but I feel it does matter some.

I can't seem to find any boy names that aren't already taken by family that I like. Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it.

MET

My baby is mixed, I'm white and the father is black. I know a lot of people say it doesn't make any difference what race the baby is, that a name is a name, but I feel it does matter some.

Please explain? My best friend has a mixed race toddler niece called "Isobel" (well that name, I am not sure what spelling they used), and that's a name that's used for people of all colours I wonder why you think it makes a difference?

Also please list some of the names that you can't use so you don't get people suggesting names you don't need

I'll add some I have found that I've actually heard people use nowadays, I am useless at picking names I like, I have no kids and have trouble naming my cats even so here are just some I have seen around.

Aaron

Adam

Adrian

Aiden

Andrew/Andy

Alexander/Alex

Alec

Anthony

Andreas (boyfriend's name XD)

Archie (one of my brothers)

Ashley (it's a unisex name, my mu's friend has a son called Ashley)

Edward (would not reccomend right now, people will think you named him after Twilight)

Elliot

Eli

Ellis (another little brother's middle name)

Emmett (again, beware Twilight)

Ethan

Elijah

Ian

Isaiah

Issac

Oliver/Ollie

Oscar

Owen

I know somene with a baby called Isreal and another with a baby called Italo, both reflect the background cultures of said parents though

Please explain? My best friend has a mixed race toddler niece called "Isobel" (well that name, I am not sure what spelling they used), and that's a name that's used for people of all colours I wonder why you think it makes a difference?

Also please list some of the names that you can't use so you don't get people suggesting names you don't need

Well you are right, there are a lot of names that people use for all races...but there are also names that a black person might have but you wouldn't really hear used for a white person...I don't know...I'm sorry, I could've put what I was trying to say into better form. For instance I like the name Andre, which is more oftenly used on a boy that is African-American (I can't use that name though because there is someone I dislike very much that has that name). I love the name Andrew, which is also a family name, and was thinking of using it for a middle name.

The names I can't use for boys are:

Isaac

Ian

Emmett

I do like the name Ezra though. I also like Oriah. Would those be too girly for a boy?

Well you are right, there are a lot of names that people use for all races...but there are also names that a black person might have but you wouldn't really hear used for a white person...I don't know...I'm sorry, I could've put what I was trying to say into better form. For instance I like the name Andre, which is more oftenly used on a boy that is African-American (I can't use that name though because there is someone I dislike very much that has that name). I love the name Andrew, which is also a family name, and was thinking of using it for a middle name.

The names I can't use for boys are:

Isaac

Ian

Emmett

I do like the name Ezra though. I also like Oriah. Would those be too girly for a boy?

Ezra is a genuine boy's name like Ezra Pound, so if you wanted to use it you'd be fine. Andrew's a nice name too, it's also one of my brothers' middle name (yeah I have in total five half brothers! My parents split when I was a baby). We often use family names as middle names too, which is where "Ellis" comes from in my family. As for Oriah, I haven't heard of it before but when I searched it I found it listed as a girls name

Owen... great name, wins hands down!

This is our boy name too! Funny I had no trouble picking a boy name while pregnant and then we found out it was a girl (and I suspected it was a girl) and we couldn't pick a name until they were literally pulling her from my body LOL.

Can't beat Owen - I was going to be Owen if I was a boy

I could suggest a whole list of name, but I think that might get a bit repetitive for you to look through. Some of the baby name search engines out there are pretty advanced, why don't you have a wee look at one of them? You could think of a meaning you'd like and search for that? Or an ethnicity? E.g. I love scandinavian names and have a number I would call my future child in a heartbeat...unfortunately after a discussion with the bf they've been vetoed as first names. I managed to retain them as middle names though, woot!

Good luck finding something, I'm sure when you find it, and when you see your beautiful baby it'll all fit.

P

xxx

Archived