I want to move

doesitmatter30

I've been thinking for a long time, I want to move out of state. I'm in GA, but I have friends in both FL and AL I could move near. I just have wanted out of this place/area for the last 8 years or so. My problem is with my daughter. She's 11 and lives with her mother. Right now, while I am at my parents house (not bumming) they live like 3 miles away. Also in the last year or so, I've gotten on much better terms with my EX, so I see my daughter a lot more than I used to, and I've gotten involved with school stuff with her and her mother. I just think if I go, it might mess up my daughter somehow.

I just cannot leave now, at this point but god I want out. I'd have went to NY with a later EX like 5 or 6 years ago if not for wanting to be around my little girl. I just hate it here. For me a lot of bad stuff has went down all over around here. no matter where I go, I remember something crappy that went down, or something good that I can't have. Bad memories everywhere; can you say trigger? That and I love FL! Though I'd likely go to AL because that's where my best friend moved to. I don't know what to do, I can't go, but it's eating me so badly to not be here anymore. I hate this place.

I've met some good people, but there are good people everywhere, so that's no reason to stay. And when I think maybe I'll just go anyway, I feel like crap like I'm totally abandoning my child, even though I'm just thinking it. Every time I go to AL to visit, I stay like a week or two and it's so damn hard to come back. I don't even wanna come back for my stuff. It's nothing to do with my parents, we get along great and I help out with everything a LOT. I just shouldn't be here, doing this. God I wanna get out. A new place wont fix everything, but it couldn't hurt. It's hard to have fun and go out around here, but when I go away from here, man I can go out and get it on and have all kinds of fun. But not around here for some reason.

What do yall think? Maybe I should just say screw it and move? I'd still pay child support and all that, just wouldn't see my daughter but like once a month. I'd be a 4hr drive away in AL. I don't think I could do that... I'm so stuck here! Just stick it out till she's 18? What would you do?

And taking her with me isn't an option. Her momma's a real good mom, and she has a little sister (not mine), so That isn't going to happen.

Would it be possible for you to move but stay just a little closer to home? Maybe just 1-2 hrs. from where you are now? That way you'd be out of the place you hate so much but it'd be easier to get home and see your daughter.

If not, and you need to be 4 hrs. away, would your ex be willing to meet you half way sometimes? You could maybe drive down and spend a weekend with you're parents once a month & then maybe once a month you guys could split the driving and meet halfway for the day.

Archived