Normal to think about cheating?

whattheeff

My girlfriend had a jealous fit last night for no apparent reason... well it turned out she had been thinking of cheating on me and projected her feelings onto my situation.

Is it normal for people in a serious 7 month relationship to think about cheating on each other?

She didn't do anything, but this makes me feel weary of everything.

Your girlfriends brings back flashbacks of how I would react when my BF and I had an irrelevant argument. I would get angry like her and create thoughts about cheating. I never did it but now I learned how to control my anger.

I think it's quite common to be angry and have those thoughts but it wouldn't be normal to act on them. That's the difference between thoughts and actions.

I don't think this normal as last poster said...at all. I love my gf the thought of cheating has never crossed my mind...why? I don't understand that. if you had a fight...why would u have thoughts of cheating..she needs thearpy...wow. Can't say I relate at all.

It sounds like she is trying to hurt you which could be for various reasons; she wants a reaction out of you, attention, she wants you to feel the way she does, anything.

I wouldn't react well to comments like that. I would probably tell her if she really means that the doors down the hall but if she didn't I would think about what comes out of your mouth before she says it since trust is everything and comments like that make you loose a little.

Sounds like she is thinking about cheating and has someone in mind... and is therefore picking fights with you to justify her feelings. After only 7 months - I'm not sure its worth it... how old are you?
Or maybe that's her temper when there's an argument. Many people become enrage in that moment (you can think of things) but never proceed towards transforming thoughts into action.
Or maybe that's her temper when there's an argument. Many people become enrage in that moment (you can think of things) but never proceed towards transforming thoughts into action.

well if thats someone temper id say goodbye to them, they need therapy...i dont think thats normal. no thanks

Okay so lets say, best case, she wouldn't ever cheat. The fact that she said it would worry me. Why would you say something like that if you had no intention of acually cheating? To get a reaction or manipulate? If she doesn't have cheating tendancies, she has a very immature and way of handeling issues. That in itself would worry me.

I was with someone 7 years, not months, I never wanted to cheat on him. I felt the same way I did, inlove with him, as the day I met him. Too bad he couldnt feel the same about me. I knew he was cheating when he sat and played songs, stayed out, stayed on the phone, claimed the person (his ex) was just friends, now they are together, it hurt. I did think about it only once and that wasnt because I was attracted to someone else, I just wanted to be prepared for the day he told me he had someone else, and thats so I would have someone waiting for me too. But I feel much better that I didnt because I am so glad I dont have that to come back on me. So I dont feel its normal to think of cheating. I think other people may be attractive to us but if you love someone you just like it for that, someone is attractive and thats all.

Archived