Ladies, do you like it when I guy calls to just to say "hi"?

AlwayzRight

I am not talking about someone that you talk to every day. I am mean someone that you have had a past with, relationship or ....casual, etc that you have not heard from for a week or two. You know the guy is somewhat interested in you but you have told them that you do not want to start anything serious at the moment but you have not wrote him off.

Would you like something such as this or would it annoy you???

it wont harm both of you except your pride if you broke up with her .. if she is thw one who initiated break up still i dont see any thng wrong to say hi, if you thnk she still like you. so instead of toturing yourself why dont you go say hi and see and feel her response.

I keep getting conflicting messages and actions. Things started to get serious and she backed off cause she is not prepared for a relationship but I know she still likes me. She is afraid of getting hurt and has even told me she has a defense mechanism where if she feels she is getting to close to someone she backs off..but I know after the fact that she has not wrote me off..... I like her and dont want to write her off , but I do not want to put any pressure on her or push anything.....anyways I have not talked to her in a couple weeks and was just going to call and say hi...but I do not want her to feel like it is smothering or pressuring....just want to see how things are going...

So, do you like it better when a guy texts you just to say "hi". I do not really want to do this cause you cant really have a "hey, how are you doing?" ...conversation.

Yeah, texting is a lot better FOR ME (some girls prefer phone calls). I'm really awkward on the phone and hate talking for no reason. If a guy calls, he'd better be asking me to do something too.

If a girl has just said that she doesnt want to start something at the moment, then I think that is a clear cut rejection (as you figure that she is being nice using that wording). After that kind of rejection I just simply wouldnt call her, if I saw her out I would say hello, but I would not make any such effort with her.

If a girl has just said that she doesnt want to start something at the moment, then I think that is a clear cut rejection (as you figure that she is being nice using that wording). After that kind of rejection I just simply wouldnt call her, if I saw her out I would say hello, but I would not make any such effort with her.

I agree.

It's a different story if she was interested in you and you guys have mutual feelings for each other. Otherwise, if she's from north america, these phone calls will push her further away. On the other hand, I know in other cultures, this kind of thing sometimes work... like in certain asian cultures or The greeks/italians (so i've heard, no personal experience).

yes, that was just what i was going to say. if i were dating a guy, and he called just to say hi, that's fine. even better if he suggests a date. but if i already told him i wasn't looking for anything, it would be a sort of rejection. like daywalker said - if you see her around, say hello, but i wouldn't go out of my way to talk to her.

I agree.

It's a different story if she was interested in you and you guys have mutual feelings for each other. Otherwise, if she's from north america, these phone calls will push her further away. On the other hand, I know in other cultures, this kind of thing sometimes work... like in certain asian cultures or The greeks/italians (so i've heard, no personal experience).

yes, i agree, some cultures maybe more persistent when it comes to dating/excuses. but for sure, I would say in the US, what she said = not interested, but i reserve the right to change my mind at any time.

Why is it that all the girls on here would be annoyed if some guy that they haven't talked to in awhile called them up to say hi? I have asked friends that are girls and they all think it would be nice and sweet to have a guy actually do that?

Are all the girls on here man haters?....lol..jokin

Why is it that all the girls on here would be annoyed if some guy that they haven't talked to in awhile called them up to say hi? I have asked friends that are girls and they all think it would be nice and sweet to have a guy actually do that?

It doesn't matter to me if it's a guy or a girl. I don't like talking on the phone just to say hi. I don't talk on the phone even with my friends.

It doesn't matter to me if it's a guy or a girl. I don't like talking on the phone just to say hi. I don't talk on the phone even with my friends.

Yeah, exactly. I really don't care who's calling. I only answer two people's phone calls on a regular basis: my mother's (because she thinks I'm dead if I don't) and one of my best friend's (because she always has good gossip or wants to go for lunch)

i think that the key point here is that she rejected you before. i mean, you can call her if you want, but i think it might be a waste of your time.

I think it's a good idea if the person :

* Is already interested in you

*You are already in an established relationship

I think the confusion here is that the person in question

has already told you she is not interested in a relationship.Is that right?

So why would it be a good idea to continue to contact her to say hi?

Get what we are saying? It doesn't make any sense.

Now if you were someone I was into... this would a be a definete YES.

I would love it if it was someone I was attracted to and wanted to spend time with.

On the other hand my ex emails me just to say hi twice a week and I CRINGE every time I see the email. I broke it off with him for good reason and he seems needy and desperate to hang onto me by emailing me with nothing important to say.

Don't blast girls on here for being honest. We are protecting you from looking needy and desperate. To be honest, there just isn't anyway of knowing the nuances of your relationship with this girl based on the info given. Maybe your friends who know you both are the best for advice.

I think it's a good idea if the person :

* Is already interested in you

*You are already in an established relationship

I think the confusion here is that the person in question

has already told you she is not interested in a relationship.Is that right?

So why would it be a good idea to continue to contact her to say hi?

Get what we are saying? It doesn't make any sense.

Now if you were someone I was into... this would a be a definete YES.

What if the girl likes you but she is scared of getting hurt again? You haven't talked for a couple weeks...but you want to let her know that you are still interested....how is someone supposed to play this?

What if the girl likes you but she is scared of getting hurt again? You haven't talked for a couple weeks...but you want to let her know that you are still interested....how is someone supposed to play this?

Dude, I'm in an almost exact same situation you are. The girl has said very, very similar things. BACK OFF. Every thread you start comes down to the same question - should you still pursue. NO. NO. NO. She made it clear she's not ready. Interested or not, she's NOT READY FOR A RELATIONSHIP. It took me a few to realize this, but I'm not initiating anything. She knows I'm interested. And so does your interest. The ball really is in her court, so if she wants to pass it over to you she will. Don't try to steal it from her, you'll get a penalty that you won't be happy with.

Archived