Do Girls Like Cocky Guys?

EQIQ

And then at the end of our chat' date=' I said that I had to go, but that I would give her the privledge of talking to me again some other day [/quote']

drop such jokes. well at least drop them by the time you are my age. maybe younger girls like them. or older with no self confidence.

drop such jokes. well at least drop them by the time you are my age. maybe younger girls like them. or older with no self confidence.

Lol Siriana thou art dry lol... Thanks though I am thinking about toning down my cocky jokes a bit.

• 4 months later...

Prove it GoneCrazy. You dont personally know all the women in the world, so you dont know what they really want, sorry.

Y'know, it would be nice to come onto this forum and not be told what I do and dont like, especially from men. As if someone knows me or any other person here better than that person knows themselves. If a woman says she doesn't like a cocky/bad boy/whatever, just accept it. Just because some women go for these men, or you've had women in your life who chase after these guys, does not mean the rest of us do. We are individuals remember?

I think a lot of people still have trouble differentiating between cockiness and natural confidence. Confidence is attractive. Independence and determination is attractive. Constantly reminding people how great you are and making others feel inferior isn't. It makes me think you try too hard and dont truly believe in yourself, or that you're simply an unpleasant person. I've known a lot of cocky people, both male and female. The aura they give off is disgusting, they act as if they are God's gift to either the opposite sex or their career/industry. They also act condescendingly towards others. This isn't attractive, its downright annoying and I do my best to avoid these people. As for pretending to be cocky, I dont know. I have a friend who constantly tells me how awesome he is, but he's joking around. It was cute at first, but now its gotten to the point where I really dont know if he's joking, insecure, or actually thinks this highly of himself. I know he's a great person, so I dont know why he constantly feels the need to remind me of this. I'll assume he's still just kidding around, but it is getting a little annoying.

I don't agree with GoneCrazy either...Unless you somehow can tap into the thoughts of ALL women, then I don't think you can say for sure what we like!

I don't like cocky guys. Period. I have NEVER dated a cocky guy and I never will. It is SUCH a turn off. I hate being around guys who are in love with themselves...gosh, it's so aggravating. I hate having to hear about them brag and how they think they are god's gift to women.

I sometimes get the urge to ask them "Gosh you can stop sitting around enjoying the smell of your own farts and finally SEE that the world doesn't revolve around you?"

I want my man to have eaten his humble pie, thank you.

I agree...difference between being cocky and being confident. Being confident means you feel comfortable with yourself and your abilities. You know what you're good at and you feel GOOD. Being cocky means you're annoying asshat who needs an ego-ectomy.

Fudgie & randomgirl59 - I never said that IT'S ALL WOMEN, just a big majority. Its kinda like saying all people are straight will is clearly not true

This is how i see it lot (not all) guys who have that confidence in themselves and what not have that cockiness, cause of there confidence and it can be an over load, and thats why many women like them and are willing to go back to those guys.

I am fairly nice guy from what i've heard from friends, and i'm not that much of a show off. I don't flash my cash, i don't brag how much money i have the things that i can buy and so on. However at the same time i got low self esteem and body issues, i'm not over weight just other issues. And let me tell you know women that i have interest liked me, and i'm not trying to score supermodels.

From what i've learned mostly all nice guys are "friends" nothing else.

I even disagree with the "most" bit. I don't know who you spend the majority of your time with but they sound like tools if that's what you see the majority of the time. That's not what I've seen.

EDIT: just saw your age. You're 21.

At our age, it DOES seem that cockiness goes over well and nice guys don't do so well because many girls prefer buttholes.

As you get older, it changes for sure. I don't hang around with people my age and I can tell you for sure that cockiness and being a jerk doesn't get you far as you age.

I love a man with confidence, what I find however is that most cocky men = huge insecurities. The type of men that I usually come accross that are cocky look for women to validate them, lack humilty, yet have an undeserved sense of entitlement.(That's twice in like two days I've said that phrase).

Healthy self-esteem, and even a bit of snarkyness can be very attractive.

It's funny how in every thread, the women posting in it are always the exception. But reality tells us otherwise. I don't think women are lying here, it's simply that trying to explain what attracts them in logical terms is very difficult. So, many of them end up saying what they THINK they like, or what they think they SHOULD like, but then fall for those guys. I have seen this in real life more than once.

I even disagree with the "most" bit. I don't know who you spend the majority of your time with but they sound like tools if that's what you see the majority of the time. That's not what I've seen.

EDIT: just saw your age. You're 21.

At our age, it DOES seem that cockiness goes over well and nice guys don't do so well because many girls prefer buttholes.

As you get older, it changes for sure. I don't hang around with people my age and I can tell you for sure that cockiness and being a jerk doesn't get you far as you age.

Well you gotta keep in mind that my age is the group that i will hangout maybe as you get older you'll change, but i'm still far from that.

And i will agree with you the the buttholes always get the girls and get much far in life, some of the biggest CEOs are the worlds biggest a-holes.

My other point is people will always try and make themselves look good and honest, when in fact they are the opposite. I'm just sick of girls saying they wanna nice sweet guy meanwhile they are going after the cocky over the confident guys.

Well, what does it mean to "get far" in life?

Being a butthole may you get the girls, but how many are worth being with? and will those relationships be healthy?

I don't consider all CEOs to really be "successful" because I consider success to be both monetary and improving the world through what you do. Most CEOs lack the latter. Now a doctor...that's success if you're a good one....working like a dog to improve as many people as you can and following up on their health to keep them healthy. That's what I am striving for.

Don't feel angry at the buttholes. They will reap what they sow and I can tell you, in the end, most aren't going to be happy campers. I'm a hospice worker...I've seen a lot of OLD buttholes who were mean to others in their lives. Yeah, they might have money but do you know what happens? They usually die alone...the kids don't care. Can't blame them. I really do believe in Karma too. Their "success" is purely superficial and forgettable. I say let them have it. Good people may have more humble lives but it is them that I truly admire.

Personally i think if i'm going to be a CEO of some company my main reason for doing it is to make money, if i wanna make decent money then i would work for someone else. If you'r gonna be a Dr. and help people then all the power to you and i wish you the best of luck. As for me i wanna make the money and not deal with people in the longer run.

Yes i also believe in karma my only problem is it takes way to long and to many be don't get whats theres and nice guys like me (tho i'm sure your think other wise lol) we get walked all over.

As for the relationships people will take buttholes cause thats who they are attracted to, and yes they will be miserable complain about the issue that they have, i hear it all the time. For every positive theres a negative.

Well correct, if you go in as a CEO, it's not like your prerogative to is "help people".

I think it's impossible to really know for sure if Karma has "worked" or not. It's all about perception. I have seen it work for others but not for me. I'm not sure if I will ever see it work for me but that's okay. Having faith in it alone has gotten me through tough times.

This may not mean much to you but I do believe it WILL get better. I'm 20 and I'm sick of seeing perfectly fine girls go out with douches my age. Yes, they are douches. They are rude, uncultured, disrespectful, arrogant bovine men...actually no, I believe cows would treat me better than them. I have NO idea how anyone can date them, even if they are handsome. But look at the women over time...once the shine of the relationship wears off, the complaints come out and many DO leave, or get divorced. You really can't stay with a butthole forever.

Nice guys are beyond their age at our age. They aren't considered "valuable" yet but they will in the future. I know many girls my age who just don't date because of the butthole quality of the prominent men they see. It scares them off. They are waiting for someone respectful who will want to have a healthy relationship. That's the sort of stuff that successful relationships are made out of and I cannot (repeat) cannot think of a SUCCESSFUL relationship that a butthole I know has unless a) the woman is a piece of work herself b) he's filthy rich and she's a golddigger or c) sex and nothing else.

Nice guys DO prevail in the end. Your time will come.

Well you'r right there is that factor once they see through that person thats were the problems come, however then to improve there relationships they would get married or have kids maybe get a new house.

Was watching this show this one girl was so full of herself her BF wanted to break up, so they decided to have a baby in hopes to improve things. And yes i do believe people will go after other people based on their looks. And like we have been talking that whole butthole attitude women find attractive unlike the nice guy.

I like it when guys act arrogant but really know where their place is. Sort of a self-deprecating humour. My boyfriend went through a phase where he would do pull ups whenever he was under a frame he could do them on. It was funny because of how ridiculous it was.

i hate guys like this. !!!! or like this one intern, he is a cool kid i like him, this weekend he went to a party and banged some girl. now he wont stfu and he thinks hes the man. thats my meaning of cocky and i want to punch people like these lol.

i hate guys like this. !!!! or like this one intern, he is a cool kid i like him, this weekend he went to a party and banged some girl. now he wont stfu and he thinks hes the man. thats my meaning of cocky and i want to punch people like these lol.

Well, that is actual arrogance and cockiness. What I'm talking about is guys being facetious.

Archived