Can we make it... I need help! has anyone gotten bck 2gether

I'll be biref,

Me and my ex are both eachothers first loves. We dated for 3.5 yrs, and broke up b/c she had to finish school, and I needed to start work. Recently we have been talking alot, and she says that she still loves me and has not been with anyone sexually, even though she has dated a little, since we split almost a yr ago. I think she is still madly in love with me, b/c of what she has told me (she calls me a catch, told me that I raised the bar, now expects to be treated the way I treated her, and said if we met today we would be together). I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation? and if you have can we pull through this and get back together? I was also wondering if the increase in open communication can be a sign that she wants/misses me as much as I miss her.

Hi kantore

I just wanted to say that it can definitely work. I think that the key tho is that u guys take it slow and not try to pick up where u left off. It's been almost a year and I'm sure that you guys have grown and maybe even changed in that time apart. The biggest mistake I made in getting back together with my ex is that I just assumed that we could go back to the way things were. The fact is tho... u can't. Break up usually means hurt, and lost trust, and sometimes it's hard to get over those things. BUT if this is something u both want, and u are both willing to put in the effort, then it can definitely work. It's been almost 3 years since my boyfriend and I got back together. We were also each other's first loves, broke up at 5 years, and were broken up for almost a year (8 months), so ur situation and mine have a lot in common. And although we are having some problems right now, I still think it can definitely work. Just take it slow, and try and let it happen naturally. Good Luck.

It sounds like you had a strong relationship, things didn't end for any other reason than convenience. I think that if you share the same feelings that you had before, things could definitely work between you. It doesn't sound that ther was any harsh grounds between you so I dont see any reason why you would be unhappy. I think it is worth a shot!

Hi Kantore,

My suggestion is also to go for it. I do advice you, though, to take it slow, but you didn't seem to break up in a fight or anything else bad. It was just because it was easier by that time. Now that things might be easier to work with, why not giving it another try, especially when this is the woman that you always have felt very comfortable with. I am curious on her side of the story to hear how she really feels. It would be a good idea to hear her out about it, too

I wish you good luck.

~ SwingFox ~