Ex breaks nc, wants to meet up but...

snoopydog

Ex gf broke nc to tell me we "need" to meetup and talk. She initiated nc about 7/8 weeks ago. It was broken briefly 2 weeks back when she appeared on msn.. she was very angry and then re-blocked me.

Anyway I respond to the email, we exchange a few and then I ask why are we meeting up is it strictly as friends or a one-off or something else..

She didn't respond. That was about a day ago.

I guess it's time to go back into nc.i think in future i will ignore any more emails..

Ok I would initiate some sort of contact and tell her, no game playing or anything stupid - let's meet up and talk. If she refuses or dosn't respond then I would go into NC permanently. Your giving her a chance to talk and she's not taking it, regardless if she broke up with you or not.

Then you can go back to NC feeling pretty good that she's the one acting all stupid!

we exchange a few and then I ask why are we meeting up is it strictly as friends or a one-off or something else..

Big mistake! You came over as needy asking this.

You were lucky enough that she wants to meet up again and talk. You should have just said OK and then while you're on a date re-attract her as you would a newly met girl.

I sent her a short email last night saying I'm confused why she didn't respond and I'm sorry if I came on too strong, I was just excited to hear from her. Then I said I am giving her space and if she wants to contact me, she knows where I am.

That's my last contact.

Thanks for the replies.

The "one off" comment probably offended her. There is a little bit of a cultural barrier here...but I believe you are basically saying " why should we meet? As a friend thing or as a one time sex thing?" no? If I were breaking down and really wanted to talk to you that response would really hurt my feelings. I remembered thinking that the first time I read this post, but I figured keep my mouth shut because maybe she did some ill stuff that you couldn't forgive. But if you genuinely want to see her, just say "ok".

Archived