confused...

captain_james

i agree totally with jbaker.... you should go, if you threat about it and then not go she will be the one laughing at you as you will have said all this and gave into her anyways, so she wins.

plus it cost you money and your going for study reasons, why should you pull out.

you need to think what YOU need now not how what you do will effect HER.

she isnt your concern anymore...

and you really need to stay strong and stop with the contact now, to any of them, if the txt email or call ignore them all and hold your head up high. DONT for your sake back down ......

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked that question, he wouldn't answer. I said, if there was any way her and I could work things out, would she be allowed to go... he said he would pick his staff after the students are finalized and that he can't allow staff that can't get along with students because of a conflict of interest.

I'm really torn over this decision. I get free tuition at my school, so if I supplemented a science course from my school, it saves me $2500. Now, with that being said, this break up was actually the best thing that's ever happened to me. I have learned so much about myself in this process. The professor said I have until Wednesday to make up my mind.

Long story short, I've been deliberating for 2 days and I'm no closer to fully having a decision. I never told her I WAS going. I told her I would make the decision based on what's best for me. That's what I'm trying to do. Save $2500, have another "easy" science course on campus with students I know... vs. a field study course that may be fun. I let her know that neither her nor her family were going to railroad me into a decision, and I meant it. If I don't go, the reasons will be my own... if I do go, the reasons will be my own, not related to her. Once the decision has been made, I will stick to it.

"In terms of the value of this course to what I wish to do in the future, I think it is best I attend. I examined other field study courses over the last several days and none of them appear to come close to what this course has to offer. I very much appreciate you being patient with me on this decision."

reply: "OK sounds good to me. I will start to process everyone's fees and yours, of course, will be among them. It will be a good educational experience for all. We will have a pre-course meeting to discuss various aspects of the trip before the end of the semester. I'll let you know when that date will be. That meeting is required but if you cannot make it due to distance we can make arrangements. More later."

The decision was made a lot easier... the "admission" (stupid statement on her part with some logic and reasoning on mine) of her deciding to move with this guy to date him.... while dating me and telling me how serious she was about us really made me feel NO guilt what-so-ever about her not going. And... in addition to the course being totally awesome, my vindictive side gets appeased as well.

Oh, I am "preparing" for some sense of wrath coming... since the professor has known about this for an hour now, and she is awake and is probably online, she may have gotten an e-mail. If not, she'll be at school by noon (gotta love having her schedule still memorized ). This day could be ugly or slightly humorous at this point.

It just makes me shake my head. She caused all of this. If she hadn't been so short-sighted, or if she had merely been faithful and realized what she had and kept it, we'd BOTH be going.

Archived