Do I live a sheltered life?

Raven2021

I am 20 years old live with my parents and currently a part time student in college. I moslty stay to myself in college. I have no friends and somewhat kind of shy to talk to people. I am a nice person. I do know how to deal with certain things in life, but my parents have shielded me from certain things. I never went to highschool, ( I'm doing well in college though ( I have not had sex education. They told me about the basic information, but certain things I do not feel comfortable asking them. I would like to be like my friend she"s doing a exchange program and she gets to go to another school for a semester. I would like to be on my own or at least give it a try, but I don't think I'm ready yet and not having a job, that would not work out well Sometimes I feel alone being somewhat of an only child, I do have brothers but they don't live with us. Since my parents are somewhat older I can't talk to them about certain things.

Any help you could give will be appreciated

,raven2021

what do you want to know raven, there's plenty of people here who'd be able to answer any questions you have. re: independance you can start baby steps now to get yourself ready --- do your own laundry, ironing and cleaning. cook for yourself so you get used to it. etc... if you're comfortable with that stuff maybe you need to think about getting a job part time and saving for a bit, perhaps even leaving home to live with some housemates -- it's a surefire way to meet new people and expand your circle of friends -- plus it's the independance you wanted - but limited because everyone pitches in with cleaning, shopping, bills, etc...

We're here to help!

Archived