Interpretation - Girl Texts Boy

Arctic Wolf

Hi!

I haven't been active on eNotAlone for some time now, but there haven't been any conundrums in my life lately either

So I get this text from an unknown sender, basically saying: "Hi I just went through my phonebook and I came accross your number. Since we haven't talked for a while, I was wondering if I should keep the number or delete it? How are you, btw?"

I was pondering who this might be, and all sorts of suggestions (some appealing, some NOT) went through my head. I checked the number in the online registry, and the search result surprised me! It was a pleasant surprise, though a bit confusing...

About seven years ago boy meets girl at a friends house. This girl is really attractive, there are some two-way flirting glances, and a date is arranged. The date goes REALLY horrible! Awfully excecuted date... Boy and girl are exposed to eachother through mutual friends throughout the years, they both go through their respective relationships, they enjoy eachothers company at the occational parties, they attend the same university, they strike up conversations when they bump into eachoter in the halls.

That's basically my relation with the mysterious texter. I found out she's been single for two months, and in my reply I told her to give a call if she wants to hang out. She said she would.

What is this about? Does she have any intentions? She has never taken the initiative like this before, so how much should I read into this?

Wolf

See if she gives you a call, that's all you can do.

Maybe since she's gotten out of a relationship two months ago she's shaking up her life a little, came accross your number and thought it might be a good opportunity to take. She obviously has at least some good memories of you

Makes me think of that movie Yes Man. Perhaps she's started saying yes to all the chances that come up in her life

Women often do this when they break up with their guy: they contact guys who thought she wasn't really interested and let them know she's available and open to a date.

She's now available. Despite the "horrible" date, there's always been an attraction between you. She wants to know she if you're interested enough to ask her out.

She's giving you a pretty big opening and it's for a limited time only. That's all it means. She's not in love with you and you're not in love with her. And she's probably given this opening to several other men as well.

To summarize: All it is an opening initiated by her. And competition is involved. Good Luck!

That's basically my relation with the mysterious texter. I found out she's been single for two months, and in my reply I told her to give a call if she wants to hang out. She said she would.

Not the best background for dating. You might end up as her rebound guy.

On the other hand, you can also view it as an experience.... just don't expect anything serious to come out of it.

Hi!

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm really trying not to fall into the trap of only selecting advice that I want to hear. This far the best advice probably is to wait and see. I might come of as a little intense if I ask her out right away? Especially since she just told me about her break-up.

Anyways, this cup needs filling, folks! Keep 'em comin'!

Wolf

Archived