Shy guy and even a shyer girl

krogen

Hello,

I'm a 21 year old guy. I met this beautiful looking girl, who also happens to be 21, at a New Years party. I asked her a ton of questions there, but my conversation with her never really took off. I knew right then that she was extremely shy, and even asked her if she was always like this. She took the question ok, and her answer was, more or less, a straight yes. At least she's an open person. Either way, we had some fun together, so I decided to ask for her phone number and the end.

I asked her out on a few dates. Some of them were quite fun... Some seemed almost like a complete disaster. They usually get awkward due to the silence and just plain lack of conversation. I really like her and want to overcome it, but it seems like it isn't going anywhere. We've been officially going out for the past two weeks now.

She's my first girlfriend. I'm her first boyfriend.

I've never been really looking for a girlfriend, and the few that I liked did not like me... So I can easily explain it this way. I'm shy, but I don't think it was ever an issue. I'd say I'm quite brave (but not overly confident...) and can do blatant things that most guys would be afraid of. But even though I want to be with her... I just feel somewhat uncomfortable in her presence.

She is so extremely shy. Her sister is shy. Her cat is just completely anti-social. She's extremely attractive, and now that I know her a little bit, I can easily say that she's a very nice person. When I found out that she was never in a relationship, I was very surprised. But now I'm starting to know why.

I really don't know what to do. I just hate it when our conversations turn into a 'yes' or 'no' thing... And then of course the awkward silence.

Has anyone been in a situation like this? Do people finally open up? Or am I just hoping for something that isn't going to happen?

Archived