Hey everyone,

I've posted before concerning this situation, but it seems as if I over analyzed in my previous posts. I broke up with my ex gf last july because of another guy getting in the way and me feeling second best most of the time. It got to the point of her lying to me and going behind my back so I called it off after a toxic cycle of being on and off for the same reason. Except, I was the one to go back each time which I regret now. Anyways, I broke up with her and a few months down the road I tried getting back with her (stupid I know), and she called it off for good and said she valued her "friendship" with the other guy over me (indirectly of course). After that I have gone NC for about 5 months and then I get a friend request from one of her friends who I defriended when we broke up. In addition, mutual friends tell me that she's not over the break up and tries to play it off like she is. I guess me writing on this thread simply means that im not COMPLETELY over her, but I'd say im mostly there. I'm the type to analyze situations so I have a question for you all and would appreciate your advice.

Why would her friend send me a request on facebook after I broke up with my ex... and about 8 months later after the break up? Its been over a month and I haven't accepted it nor ignored it. I just let it be and left it there.

People tell me that my ex wants to use her friend's facebook to look at mine, but I haven't used it at all since the break up and I don't feel the need to publicize things in addition to using facebook as a grounds to make my ex jealous.

When these mutual friends say she's not over the break-up - what do they claim that she is saying or how else do they know?

they claim that she comes to talk to them about the break up over and over again, while saying "im completely over him" with a rather stubborn tone, defeating the purpose of bringing up the conversation about the breakup to begin with lol

I f you really want to move on in life, don't accept the friend invitation of facebook. Me and my ex have been back and forth and back again about us trying to be friends but since i found out he has a new girlfriend and let me emphasize "girl" she's only 19 and he is 24!! but anyway thats beside the point...

Im telling Facebook is a horrible tool people use to find out things about the ex like "oh so he is OFFICIALLY in a relationship with her then.... a horrible way to find out it really is so i suggest you refuse any form of link or contact in relation to the ex because it will cause trouble down the line. I know you must be think, sure the dust must be settled by now but believe me it doesnt for a very long time, well for me anyway( after a 2 and half year relationship) its still kind of raw for me, thanks to me finding out about his new girl via FB.

Just do yourself a favour save yourself the hassle....if you want to move on and get to a happier place, avoid any window of opportunity for contact because it will backfire.

Good luck!

they claim that she comes to talk to them about the break up over and over again, while saying "im completely over him" with a rather stubborn tone, defeating the purpose of bringing up the conversation about the breakup to begin with lol
Well, so long as she is saying that then you should continue to move on and do nothing regarding her.

Archived