Are you on a dating site? I need YOU!

HouseKitten

Hi guys

Further to a project I'm working on, I need a little help from anyone registered on a dating site, especially the paid ones. I need to see if I can view anyone's profile in full, even if I'm not a fully paid member (for example on eHarmony). All I need is to view it, not send messages.

If anyone is registered on a site, I'd be extremely grateful if you could these things for me - pm me which site you're on, your username and also a link directly to your profile - I'd like to see if I can search usernames and additionally if a direct link means I can see more. I won't be commenting on anyone's profile or making anything I see public, I literally just need to see what I can access if I'm not a paid member.

The sites I'm mainly interested in are OkCupid, eHarmony, link removed, and DatingDirect. I already have a POF profile so there's no need there. Those are the biggies but if anyone is on a lesser-known one then that's also good!

Thank you anyone who does respond - this is a big help

Hey I'm on eHarmony and you can't do searches there. You have to fill out a personality profile and then you get matches. You can't see anything but their profiles until you pay for your membership, then you can see pictures and communicate. But even after you've paid, you can't search for anyone. It's all under their control. So I can tell you that as an unpaid member, all you can do is take the test and then receive matches.

Hey I'm on eHarmony and you can't do searches there. You have to fill out a personality profile and then you get matches. You can't see anything but their profiles until you pay for your membership, then you can see pictures and communicate. But even after you've paid, you can't search for anyone. It's all under their control. So I can tell you that as an unpaid member, all you can do is take the test and then receive matches.

Thanks, that's useful information

I understand if you'd rather not, but is there any way you could pm me a link to your profile? I'd like to see if it's possible to view someone's profile that way. Again, complete confidentiality, I would never say a word about anything I see.

Thanks, that's useful information

I understand if you'd rather not, but is there any way you could pm me a link to your profile? I'd like to see if it's possible to view someone's profile that way. Again, complete confidentiality, I would never say a word about anything I see.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible HK. EH is very guarded with that stuff. Like Dali said members can't even search the site. EH sends you 'matches' and that's all a member can see.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible HK. EH is very guarded with that stuff. Like Dali said members can't even search the site. EH sends you 'matches' and that's all a member can see.

Ah well, thanks for the info I have heard others say they have a more restrictive approach to other sites, I just wasn't sure how difficult it was. That's a shame, but there are other sites at least.

Ah well, thanks for the info I have heard others say they have a more restrictive approach to other sites, I just wasn't sure how difficult it was. That's a shame, but there are other sites at least.

Yeah I'm no longer on that site. I didn't think it worked very well. I'd send you my link but I'm sure it would reroute you to a sign up page. Not to mention you'd be forced to date me! haha =p Anyhoo for the OLDing thingy you're doing Eh will be difficult.

Yeah I'm no longer on that site. I didn't think it worked very well. I'd send you my link but I'm sure it would reroute you to a sign up page. Not to mention you'd be forced to date me! haha =p Anyhoo for the OLDing thingy you're doing Eh will be difficult.

If you're willing to it'd be great, just to test that it really truly does not work leave no stone unturned etc etc! I'm sure you're right and it will reroute me but one lives in hope....

Archived