How Long is too long?..

Hey Everyone, I was just wondering on how long is too long before hearing from a good/close friend? Like if you haven't heard from them in a while. I still haven't heard from a friend & its been almost a month. I mean I called him a couple weeks ago .I even emailed him that same week that I called & ask how him & his gf are doing & if it was cool if we can still be friends but & I haven't heard anything back or seen him online in weeks.

I'm starting to really worry now because i dont know if hes just really busy or if maybe for right now he is putting our friendship on hold for whatever reason. I'm confuse & dont know how to or what to think.

For now I was going to step back a bit & let him contact me but his birthday is coming up soon like in a couple weeks & i wanted to email him & wish him a Happy Birthday but now i think what if he doesn't really check his emails anymore. Would it be a good idea to do both maybe send a card & then email him on his b-day?

When should i worry & think the friendship is over, after a certain time from not hearing from him? I thought if i email him on his b-day & still heard nothing that I would definitly know he doesnt want to be my friend anymore. Please note that we didnt fight or anything, I just feel that hes withdrawling from the friendship & i am confuse on why

Thanks,

almostgolden

Heya,

I've known people in the past who have gone away for 1/2 year or so, but I would email him again. If you were REAL close and it all just ended, I doubt he doesn't want to be your friend any more. There are thousands of reasons he may not be responding; I doubt dropping the friendship is one of them. I say send an email/card and see what happens. I don't know how much you can worry though since there's no good way to tell what's going on.

- Chris

Hey aireyc,

Yes, we were close as close as an interent friend can be anyways. I mean we sent lots of emails & even called each other too. I sent him stuff in the mail & always tried to be a real good friend to him..

So yeah i was going to try not to worry so much cos like i said we didnt fight or anything, it just feels like our friendship is slowly dieing. We stayed close for this long , I would hope he wouldnt want to just end it.

i say don't contact him at all. he obviously has a life outside the computer - having a gf and all. if you had a bf, wouldn't you wanna spend all your free time with them instead of being glued to the computer. im sorry if im being harsh but its true.
i do have a bf & a life outside the computer as well but that doesn't mean that i would wanna forget my friends or even people online who are important to me.

Im not sure where you are ( as in country) but where i am ( australia) if i send a email through my isp then i can tick a little box that says 'return receipt'.. so if he does open the email its sends one back saying he has opened it.. you should look into that if u wanna see if he is checking his emails or not..

well,

maybe they are just buisy? um if you really wanna keep in contact then when you finally do get to talk to them then tell them. i hope you get to talk to them soon. but i don't think it has been too long for no hope, i have gone for like 5 months without talking to some of me best friends because of family stuff, moving, and just everything and we are still good buddies. i think your gonna be good. take care!

love QTpie87