Made a dumb mistake- please help!

klz08a

Sorry if this sounds immature but I don't know what to do about this and need advice!

So I was dating this guy for about 8 months... after 3 or so we both went off to separate colleges. After the 8 months he told me that he thought we should both move on and meet new people since we go to school so far away from each other, but about a week later he contacted me and told me he missed me and so things went back to normal for about a month. Just last weekend he ended things with me again and said that we needed to go for a while without even speaking to each other. I was really hurt by things and said some horrible and offensive things to him that I really didn't mean. The next day I apologized and told him I just want to still be friends and still be a part of his life. He responded to this saying that he has never been so hurt by what anyone has said to him as he was by what I said and he never wants to talk to me again..it sounded really convincing. Soo from this I don't know where to go. I feel like I can't just leave this unresolved and still want him to be a part of my life as a friend and nothing more. Should I just give it time or just give up?? I'm afraid we really will never speak again just because I couldn't keep my mouth shut and said things that weren't even true...

Sounds a little similar to what i went through. Give it time, a few months maybe, then recontact him and reconnect. People don't forget what they've had in their life and i'm sure he'd probably be interested in being a friend. But, for both of you to at least move on, I would suggest giving it some time between now and the transition into a friendship so that there aren't any feelings on either side of the relationship.

I feel like I can't just leave this unresolved and still want him to be a part of my life as a friend and nothing more.

It IS resolved - he did that by telling you that he does not want to talk to you ever again.

The chances of him contacting you again are practically zero.

You see,we guys are rarely interested in continuing to see a woman who rants on us with personal attacks.

Secondly, he will already be auditioning your replacement.

Thirdly, why would be ever consider that you are "friend " material after your outburst.

Finally, is is not in a man's nature to pursue platonic friendship with a woman.

Live and learn from this one.

Archived