Jump to content

How do you I know what I want???


Yates33

Recommended Posts

I have a goal in my life. The goal doesn't matter. However, this goal takes years and years to work up to, and it isn't something you "try out" and if you fail...oh well...it's something you have to want with all your heart and soul.

 

75% of the time, I am training for it and working hard to achieve it. The other 25% of the time, I am doubting if I really want to do this. This happens constantly. The 25% of the time, usually happens late at night, when I am alone and either watching tv or using the net or just laying around.

 

This not only happens with this area of my life, but with everything. I am so indecisive. One minute I want this, the next I want something else.

 

But in respect with this goal of mine, how do I know I really want this? Pepole tell me, "you gotta really want this". but how do I know that??

 

Is this a disorder?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you are exactly where you need to be. It took me to 30 to really get clear what i want. Once you start progressing torwards your goal it should excite you. Like i have to consciously breath deep for awhile to calm down or i'm overwhelmed with emotion and can't even work on my goal.

 

Its not a disorder. Its normal. 24 is alittle young to know exactly who you want to be or what goal is most important.

 

I may never achieve my goal although i certainly don't believe that. But hey, at least i went for greatness in my brief time on this planet at least i tried to do something besides

work-retire-die.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you are exactly where you need to be. It took me to 30 to really get clear what i want. Once you start progressing torwards your goal it should excite you. Like i have to consciously breath deep for awhile to calm down or i'm overwhelmed with emotion and can't even work on my goal.

 

Its not a disorder. Its normal. 24 is alittle young to know exactly who you want to be or what goal is most important.

 

I may never achieve my goal although i certainly don't believe that. But hey, at least i went for greatness in my brief time on this planet at least i tried to do something besides

work-retire-die.

 

I am actually 25...going on 26. I put 24 for privacy reasons.

 

I dont think my age is really that "young" anymore. Many, many...I would say over half the people my age know exactly what they want and they dont budge, but I keep changing my mind. Plus, this is not something you "think" you might want to do, you have to be sure and most people that do it are actually my age or younger. THEY KNOW IT, THEY do it and finish it...why cant I make up my mind on it and they can?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listen bro...24,25,26...you are young. I'm just going to throw some things out there.

-people who go after a singular goal and don't budge are static. The world is dynamic.

-people who achieve a singular goal with absolute dedication wind up starved, deficient, and incomplete and most other areas of their life

-people who go after a singular goal and reach it many times find it unfilling once they get there and wonder why they are not happy

 

Every truly great person had doubts at some point and many times they were failures first.

 

Most of the 20somethings i know, l live in NYC, don't "know-do-finish lol"...its more like "don't know-don't-procrastinate.

 

So keep beating yourself up about having misgivings about what you want to do but i'm telling you its normal. For me its just as much about the process as the end result and thats why my motovation doesn't fade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was in the marines and in the marines you don't choose the special forces...they choose you (Recon).

 

I can see you aren't getting my point so good luck.

 

what is your point? My best friend was Force Recon....what does that have anything to do with it?

 

SEAL training you volunteer, Recon they choose you...so what? what does that have to do with this conversation? and its SPECIAL OPERATIONS. Special Forces are the Army's Green Berets FYI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...