Why are there so many problems?

Okay, I think there is really several reasons why she broke up with me, and I would like to know if they would be good reasons just in case I ever do get over her, so either a guy or a girl could help. First off, I know it won't seem much to people out of school, but in high school when she's a senior, she gets a lot of grief from people about dating a sophmore. But she never really seemed to care much. Her family is really screwed up anyway and her aunt never liked me so that didn't help either. But should age really be a problem in a relationship? I mean, after we graduated no one would know the difference and no one would care! Secondly. I'm in the band. Some people in bigger cities may not care, but where I live, band is not a cool thing to do. But I'm not really sure if that mattered, because she was in the flags. But would that be a reason to end a relationship. Finally, the biggy. Family. Not the immediate family though. Her family loved me, and her grandmother wanted to marry me 8) but her aunt despised me and lied about me all the time. Her aunt was the reason that we broke up the first time, but we make a pact not to let that bother us. My whole family loved her to death though. But do you think that those three things together could make a beautiful princess (that's what I always called her. My beautiful princess) stop loving you? Or would there be something more that she is just afraid to tell me about? I know you can't know for sure, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

True, an outside perspective may be altreed b/c we do not know any of the details of your relationship, however, I may be able to shed a small amount of light on this.

Your first reason was b/c of age. Well, in my last relationship, I was two years older than my bf. I was a senior. It did not bother me then, I was not really affected by it. Friends and family sometimes gave me a hard time but I brushed it off. However, it stunted my personal growth. I stayed stuck at 16 when I was 18. I didn't allow myself to mature to the age that I actually was. She could be realizing something similar. Maybe she feels that she is growing, and she does not feel it will be in her own good health to stay with you b/c of the maturity difference. That is not saying that you are immature, I hope you do not misinterpret this. All it means is that she may feel to be on a different level than you are and she doesn't feel comfortable in that.

The second reason you stated was that you are in Band. I highly doubt that this reason applies to the breakup. She most likely knew and accepted this when she entered the relationship. Besides, she is in flags and generally, the two are closely related. I do not think this had any effect on the breakup.

Third was her Aunt. I dont know what was said or done over the course of the relationship, but it is possible that she may have had an influence to some point. Again, I don't thik it was the CAUSE of the breakup, but maybe her aunt's insights furthered her reasoning. It really could go either way.

I hope this gave you a bit of understanding. If you are confused about it, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to call her and tell her that you are ok with the way things are, but you would appreciate an explination, just so you are aware and not left in wonder. Good luck!