My ex texted me and wants her stuff... What to do?

jjkalai

So my ex texted me this afternoon saying "hey, let me know when your free so I can get my stuff, and give you your stuff."

I still want to get back together, but I feel like she's fully over our relationship of almost two years... We broke up two weeks ago and we've had NC since then. She's also dating someone long distance already.

Should I break NC and text her back?

What should I say?

I feel like I want to talk to her about our relationship, but I don't want to break NC...

I'm not sure if you want to talk to her or not, but if you don't, box up her stuff and put it outside your front door and tell her to pick it up and leave your stuff at a time when you don't plan on being home. If you want to talk to her, then arrange a time when you can meet her.

If she's wanting her things back and if giving your things back, as well as dating someone else, it sounds pretty much like she's moved on. Quite possibly she was with this long distance guy before your relationship ended, hence why it seems like she's got someone new so quickly.

Whatever you do, don't be dramatic about it. Pretend as if you are making exchanges to a friend and not a lover or an ex (which in and of itself is very difficult to do).

How would you respond to a friend in this situation? How would you act when the time comes for you to actually make the exchange with that friend?

You have to pretend that there is nothing wrong...almost like there is no doubt in your mind that person will be there for you tomorrow.

If you can't do that, then find another way to make the exchange, like leaving the stuff outside and getting her to do the same. If there is no alternative, then go with the above advice. You just have to pretend to be cool.

If she cries or wants to talk about the relationship (but not commit to you), then you tell her with sincerity that everything is going to be okay, that this is for the best, and to take care.

You just have to be strong and a reconciliation in the future might be possible.

Archived