It's the sugar...

g84

right?

I haven't gotten much sleep, and i apologize if anything sounds

incoherent lol.

The answer to this is probably obvious, but i guess i'm wanting/needing some reassurance : [.

I've had quite a bit of chocolate left over from Christmas time, and i've been eating a few small ones almost everyday. It's something that i seem to reach for almost automatically now. My meals through out the day are pretty healthy, but in between them, i have been reaching for sweets, without giving much thought to how it could affect me.

I'm definitely not supposed to be doing this. I had been working on my weight for some time, and i can say that i've gotten off track. I'm slowly creating another plan for myself (regarding diet for now).

Though, i find myself craving sugar again within a few hours of having it.

I am also feeling kind of aggitated at times. I usually deal with some anxiety, and logically, i know that chocolate isn't going to do me any good : [.

When i was in bed last night, my dreams were also a bit stressful (relating to a lot of my worries), and i could feel myself moving around abruptly in my sleep. I feel like a bit of a mess : [.

I think i just need some reassurance that it's the sugar doing this to me.

After i have something sweet, i'll think "Okay, i'm done with this". Then, just a few hours later, i can feel a strong craving for it all over again, and i feel a bit jumpy. As soon as i see it, it's no longer so tempting, but when i'm away from it, it's a different story. I sound crazy lol.

I really haven't been feeling like myself..

It's very possible, chocolate has theobromine. A stimulant that's toxic to animals like dogs but for humans it can give similar effects to that of a caffeine.

I know at home my daughter is banned from chocolate in the afternoon, she's too sensitive and gets hyper & won't settle down!

Whilst chocolate has its own peculiar properties, generally speaking, foods with a high sugar content will send our blood sugar level shooting way up - but then it drops right back down again, to lower than when we started. The low blood sugar will make us irritable, tetchy and low in energy, then we reach for more sugar again - and start the cycle all over again.

If you really need something sweet, try something with a high cereal content, too - like oaty biscuits, digestive biscuits or flapjacks. The sugar will send your blood sugar level shooting up, but the slow release of the energy in the cereal will stop it crashing down and leave you feeling satisfied for longer.

If you're worried about your weight, obviously you need to wean yourself off chocolate and stuff - but using slow-release foods should help you with that! If you don't normally eat chocolate, then your going to feeling its effects more keenly than someone who habitually does.

I personally very, very rarely touch the stuff - and when I do it makes me feel so ill that I'm reminded why I don't do this very often!

thanks for the replies : ]

I've always enjoyed chocolate, but i did go a pretty long time without it (due to my diet changes), so having it in my system again must be doing something lol.

I used to just have cup of hot cocoa (homemade) whenever i craved something sweet, but now that i have actual chocolate around, it's harder for me to have anything else : [. I guess i should get rid of it.

Sadly, even as i write this, somewhere in the back of my mind i want it. I don't know why i have this desire to sabotage myself this

way So far, i haven't had any, but i don't have much hope that i'll be avoiding it later on...though maybe i'll surprise myself

I should get rid of them..

Archived