need some advice

kinetic32

i have been with my gf for 2 years now. i had left the relationship in nov becuase she was just to involved with her life and there was just no room for me. i was kinda on the sidelines.. after a week she wanted to talk and said she understood why i did it and shes a fool for not realizing things and wanted to get back to togethor and do it right, and work on fixing things.

the biggest problem we have is the conflicting characters.. when we have a good time it is the best thing in the world.. but when its bad its horrible.

i got off a 48 hour shift on sat morning (i work as a paramedic) and i had a very bad 2 days. on top of which i had someone die on me, conflicts with co workers.. it was just bad.. i had tried to contact her to say i needed to talk and i was just so upset and breaking down. she called while i was in the shower.. i called back like 2 times and she never answered... well a few hours later i sent texts out of anger and said som mean things. she didnt call or text me that whole day or night... after a bit i actually started getting worried.. i said just at least send me something to let me know your ok and there isnt like a family emergency.. nothing.. i called her house in the morning and she was there.. her dad answered the phone and said she was there.

i called her a jerk for just not even saying anything and called me an ass cause i took my anger out on her.. i finally just said im getting off the phone.. after a few hours i tried to call a few times and no answers.. i left a message saying that i was sorry for taking the bad day and sending it your way. i admitted i ws acting like a child and she was right and didnt deserve it and i was wrong and that i wanted to talk to her and resolve things...

well its now the 2nd day and there has been no contact. and a part of me is just ready to say nothing, change my phone number, delete my facebook and yahoo.. and just move on with life.. after 2 years and we cant sit and communicate?? i dont know if im too quick to just rush into destroying the relationship.. or if shes now acting like a kid by simply ignoring me..

Well, The anger comments and the name calling isn't going to make the situation any better. Just give it time. Try not to be mad at her or say anything you'll regret. If you need space so you don't say anything that you'll regret give yourself space.

I had a tough time trying to figure out if you still wanted her or if you didn't want her?

I had a tough time trying to figure out if you still wanted her or if you didn't want her?

thunder im having a tough time with that as well.. sometimes i wonder.. if its been 2 years and im on the fence of "is this forever or not " isnt that itself a sign that it has failed and should be terminated?

Obviously, your post is only 1/2 of the entire story. I would need some info from her in order to make an even remotely sound opinion.

In any case, I'm sorry you had a bad day. You're a paramedic, and people are gonna die on you. That's a part of your career, which is a part of your life. Also, 48 hour shifts seem like a b!tch. That too is a part of your career, which is a part of your life. These things, taken in total, are simply a part of your entire life.

You should be able to overcome bad days (or in your case, bad 48hr periods) by yourself as any man should be able to take care of his own. Think about it. If you were single at the time, would you have needed a phone call or a cheering up from someone? Hopefully not, cuz you got things under control cuz that's who you would be.

However, pretty * * * * ed up. I have a girl who'd be there for me if i needed her, and that's nice. I try not to need her at all though. I'd rather rely on myself, a more constant aspect of my life, then on another person. Be strong fool. And be a man (or just brave) if you need/want to end it; although, I'm sure that's confusing for you right now too.

Archived