Update... advice on moving beyond this point...

I may have messed up big time… I would like some opinions. I got a voice message last night saying, "I know you hate me now… sorry Jeff". I did not call or text. So this morning I sent her a text stating "I do not hate you, never could do that. I love you more than I do myself, meaning I want you to be happy and he does that. So I am letting go."

I got this text back "in my heart I will never let you go".

I sent "some come into your life for a reason, some for a season and some for a life time". That quote came from here, but she has always said she came into my life for a reason and once it's done its time to move on.

I got back "Forever and a day" and then "be happy, find a woman you deserve my love".

I sent two more texts "I am happy, moving along nicely. I hate him because you chose him over me, I love him because he makes you happy." (Again a quote from this site: thanks) and the last one is "I have learned this lesson the hard way "give freely of your heart only what you can afford to never get back"…bye baby girl, I will not bother you again, all the best…"

This site has helped me cope… I thank all of you for the sharing here… my question is… her responses threw me… I wish I knew what she really means…

She hasn't called or text messaged back… I wonder if I made her cry at work… I never meant too.. damn me for doing it...

Jeff

wow so sorry. technical mistake. meant to post this as a new one, which i'll do in a second.

meanwhile, in response to your situation, give it some time a few weeks or a month, then contact her again. do you want to get back with her. obviously you do if you're here. what happened? sounds like she still cares. she might realize the guy she's with is not for her. how long did you two go out?

We were together for 5 years... I have posted the story of our relationship else where on this site... I am just totally blown away... if any of the "no contact" experts would care to give me their thoughts I would much appriciate it.... thanks....

Jeff

ps: go back to no contact now? or should I try and find out what she means?

yes go back to no contact. let her think about you, compare you, wonder about you. the summer is here. start going out, a lot. excercise, be happy, hang out with friends. in no time, a month will have passed and then try calling her -- but be cool! don't get all mushy and hallmark-like. just play it cool!