Delayed reaction to I love you, extreme panic

confusedgirrl

Ok so after reading reading some of the threads on here i think I may have made a mistake with how I handled my ex telling me he thinks he may love me.

I didnt respond at all, i actually pretended I didnt hear what he said and now I am starting to panic. Should I have said something??? Tell him that I am not to that point yet???? i know I would not have said I love you back because i am not sure that is how I feel.

What should I do should I bring it up now and tell him I am not at that point, that I feel something for him but it is not love yet or should I just let it be until he says it again... if he says it again????

It has been almost a week since he said it and I am really starting to freak out. Help me.

Hi Confusedgirrl,

I think it would be a good idea for you to address this situation if for no other reason then to avoid more awkwardness. You can explain you care but have not yet reached that stage where you feel you can say you love him but ask him to be patient.

Other then this you could just wait and see what happens. It really does depend on how much tension if any this is causing.

Christina

Well since he said it there hasnt really been any tension things just went back to how they were before. I tried to talk to him about it last night but he didnt seem inclined to talk about it, all he said is that he had no more comments about it and that I didnt say anything about it the night he said it. I told him that the night he said it I was very surprised because that was the last thing I expected him to say and all he said was ok, no more talking, nothing.

WTH I am starting to believe that this might have been a big mistake. Now usually during the day since I have been out from work we would talk via email all day but this morning when I sent him an email he was a bit cold and told me he was really busy and he would email me later. Before him being busy was never an issue because no matter how busy he was he would always find time to talk to me.

Maybe I am reading too much into this but maybe I shouldnt have said anything just left it how it was cause he obviously didnt seem to care about what I was trying to tell him and now he hasnt spoken to me since around 8 this morning.

What do you guys think, am I freaking out for no reason now?

I think this has caused tension. It's because he feels rejected and I suspect somewhat hurt that it was not reciprocated.

I think the best thing at this point is for you to allow him to calm down and get over the hurt he feels. When you feel the time is right sit down with him and explain in a very calm way exactly why you could not respond at that point.

While I understand that he might have felt rejected I think I was unfair of him to spring this on me out of the blue. I did not know we were heading in that direction as the only talk we had was about being just friends so any feelings I had for him were kept tightly under wraps because voicing them would have been inappropriate.

I gave him his space yesterday because it didnt seem like he wanted to talk to me and now today one email and 3 calls later he finally has time to talk to me to find out if i am angry with him. A few months ago i would have been so happy to hear him say those words followed by lets get back together but I am not so sure anymore. I am assuming that he wants to get back together, I mean why else would he say it???

I dont know I am just a whole mass of confusion right now.

Yes I was very hurt and it took me a while to get over it ( I am not even sure I am over it yet).

All this worrying might be for nothing because he hasnt talked to me for the past 2 days( all I got was a merry christmas text) and he messaged me online today to tell me that we need to talk in person. Last time he told me this he broke up with me so I might be freaking out for no reason.

Archived