How to trust?

Keraron

From the point of view of a Thinker, a person who always observes people and sees only bad relationships around him, people who cheat, dump each other and so on... Trust sounds like the most abstract illusion ever invented by human imagination.

How would you teach a cynical person how to trust?

I think there is a difference between not trusting as a blanket reaction to everyone, and not trusting because of what you observed have in that particular person. I have found that the least trustworthy people are those who have a blanket distrust of everyone...because they know how they stab others in the back they assume that everyone is like them so they do not trust anyone.

you should trust others if, and when, you decide that you are trustworthy yourself.

mutual trust between people is the foundation of all kinds of relationships, friendship and otherwise.

yes you risk getting hurt when you trust people, but that is where Crazyaboutdogs advice about deciding who is "worthwhile" to put your trust in, comes in.

some people trust often and easily, and others are more guarded. i personally take some time deciding who i trust, but it's better than refusing to trust anyone at all!!

you should trust others if, and when, you decide that you are trustworthy yourself.

mutual trust between people is the foundation of all kinds of relationships, friendship and otherwise.

yes you risk getting hurt when you trust people, but that is where Crazyaboutdogs advice about deciding who is "worthwhile" to put your trust in, comes in.

some people trust often and easily, and others are more guarded. i personally take some time deciding who i trust, but it's better than refusing to trust anyone at all!!

I agree, when you refuse to trust at all, you often end up turning your back on trustworthy people and make your life more difficult. Sometimes you get burned when you trust someone who turns out to be untrustworthy...but there are plenty of people who are trustworthy enough to counteract that negative experience.

I think that trust is a gift like many other things that one can share with another. As you live your life and its experiences, you begin to really sharpen your intuition and can pick up on things even if you are not exactly sure what they are or why. So if your gut is speaking, listen. Trust in regards to your heart should be especially guarded in my opinion because it is the most valuable, most amazing when shared, and most painful when betrayed..

My 2 cents.

J

Archived