Why Do People Slam Doors? Is It Possible That They Don't Realize It? Can A Person Be That Careless?

RougeKali823

Some people wash their hands and then flush.

I don't think you can be 100% sure a person doesn't wash their hand unless you're in the room watching them.....otherwise you're just using what little you know to justify calling them disgusting. Which is kind of rude.

If you just don't like the woman then that's fine. You don't have to create reasons why. It's quite obvious you don't like her.....The answer is that one of you needs to move out.

Yes, I am religious and I have this Joel Osteen book that I'm almost finished with that has been helping me. I have tried visualizing and I'll wait on your other technique.

Give me a few days ok. I am not really thinking at the top of my game this week, it is a mourning period for me, but I will PM you with it when I am feeling better in a few days.

Some people wash their hands and then flush.

I don't think you can be 100% sure a person doesn't wash their hand unless you're in the room watching them.....otherwise you're just using what little you know to justify calling them disgusting. Which is kind of rude.

I could confidently testify, in court, to the fact that she does not wash her hands. You don't have to believe me.

I hear her every time she goes to the bathroom, she goes in and flushes the toilet and comes right out. Plus I change the soap pump and the sink is dry and the pump untouched each time. My mom noticed it to; I am 100% certain she does not wash her hands upon leaving the rest room. She will openly admit to it too. In the past she has said, we are always exposed to germs so it doesn't matter.

That is ridiculous!

• 1 year later...

I've had to live in apartments for the past 15 years and without a doubt, door slamming is the worst part of apartment living. I worked nights for 13 years and getting

any sleep was a constant challenge. Every neighbor I've ever had (dozens) was in endless motion. If you saw them leave, you could set your clock by them in that

they would be back in 5 minutes. 5 minutes later they'd be gone again. This would go on around the clock. And every time they leave, they slam their front door,

and I have the added misery of having to hear them hit their car remote and hear the honk, then I get to hear them slam their car doors multiple times. It seems to

me that consideration of others is a thing of the distant past. I foolishly make a conscious effort to do everything quietly. If I had a roommate as inconsiderate as

yours, I'd be out the door the first week.

• 1 month later...

I completely understand you - I have 3 guys on my floor and they are always slamming doors and stomping around the house. I'm 135 pounds but I can't imagin that a guy 180 needs to stomp around the house....are they that heavy??? I don't think so because my boyfriend is 185 and he never stomps. Sometimes I think they're angry and they're taking it out on the poor floor. It makes me relaly upset because they are being really loud late at night and I have to wake up early everyday for work...

I told my landlord that he needs to address this lack of consideration in the house. Hopefully another face to face with your roommate will make them realize that it's really important to you that this issue is resolved...

As someone who grew up with a sibling who suffered from borderline personality disorder, I also became extremely anxious and nervous about loud sounds because if there was a loud noise in the house, she would go absolutely nuts and angry and take it out on me, so it conditioned me to hate loud noises too.

I feel your pain, I really do.

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I am dealing with this right now. I'm 28 and my Aunt and Uncle offered to take me in and help me finish college. They both slam doors all day long because they have to keep their dogs separated (one tries to kill the others). You'd figure they'd get rid of the violent one instead of this nonsense.

But, my uncle gets up at around 5:30am and just slams all the doors in the hall way. Clanks dishes together, throws the dog toys at the hallway door and gets the dogs barking loudly. It is absolutely insane. I can't sleep enough and am always exhausted because of it. Additionally, I finally just had to start spending nearly the entire day in the library when I'm not in class because I can't study with all this racket going on.

The problem is, I figure since I'm not paying rent and they are paying for my schooling that I have no right to say anything. It sucks and I can't wait to move out in a year back into a one bedroom apartment that I can control.

Archived