i'm gonna list the problems point by point.

Firstly, the girl i like(let say Tane) is always with a guy she liked in the past(let say pete). whenever there is an outing, pete will always get invited to go out by Tane, although it's a group outing. Tane have once told me she had given up on pete n i trust her. but whenever i saw them together, i'll get jealous. i hate this!!!

Secondly, whenever i'm with Tane(including internet chatting) , i just can't be myself. i won't be joking as often, laugh loudly as i usually does and seems to be too overcaring about her, her everything- current feelings,what is she doing now, what is she chatting with her friends and i'll keep thinking of stuffs to talk about because she don't like silence. then, i'll feel very stressed.

Thirdly, Tane told me, she feels that both of us are in two different worlds, we have different views, beliefs(she is a christian,i'm not) and always talk about craps, never talk about serious stuffs(but i don't know what is considered serious). even me, myself also feel so. is our compatibility low? should i give up? i don't think i can.

Lastly, strangely i can't understand her, meaning that i still don't know her character well. normally, i can get to know ppl very fast. however i don't know why i cant understand Tane easily even i try my very best to pay attention to everything she does n speaks then deduce her characters from it but sometimes does not turn out to be true.

I hope all ur advice would help.thx

don't hate pete. cos he is higher up the ladder than you anytime. you are not even in the position to be jealous! first get yourself closer to her. which is practically mission impossible since you are disqualified by faith differences. you don't know her character cos you don't know her God.

and you can't be yourself, you say? that's normal during the initial courtship phase. you don't know her well, she doesn't know you well. so err on the side of politeness. by now, you should know what she wants to talk about. and if you can't talk those same topics, find some other common ground, or you really become history (nothing in common!)

as for faith, hey, if you're desperate, you're desperate. last resort, confess your sins, and repent and accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour. at least, then, if you still don't get the girl, you got a better deal. you got Him! God isn't so mean as to reject you cos He's treated as a last resort. at least you were desperate enough to turn to Him. lots of people are too smart to ever see the need to be saved.