how can i get him to talk to me

i've never been shy, not even around boys. but for some reason, there's this freshmen that i've been dying to talk to. he's really hot, and there's been rumors going around that we liked each other, which is true on my part, but i'm not sure about him. the rumors have pretty much died down so i don't have a reason to talk to him, and i'm afraid if i do and he doesn't really like me i'll look like a jack***. so how could i get him to talk to me first? we don't have classes together but we see each other in the hall all the time and he always looks over at me, or smiles or something like he'd like to talk to me but isn't sure. my friend always tells him he needs to come talk to me, but he says that i'm always around my friends so he doesn't want to. then today he was in the library by himself and i was in there with only one other person, and he still wouldn't talk to me! i'm dying here. please advise. remember neither of us have ever talked to each other before.

Hello

Let's keep this as simple as possible. Try walking up to him someday soon, and say. I think you are really hot and I would like to buy you lunch.

You are just going to have to trust me on this. He will be in heaven and his head will swell up like a tomato. He will love you for it. Have a bite together, and then let the cards fall where they may. The direct approach never fails.

Good luck

If you want him, go get him before someone else does.

Good Luck

Kuhl

8)

Or next time walk up to him and say "Hi, we seem to cross paths often, my name is ......" and take it from there. He'll be happy you borke the ice. The wort scenerio is the two of you become friends.

Kuhl is right though, do it before someone else beats you to it.

Go for it, it's a good thing!

Woobiegirl

I agree with everyone here and go for it. The worst thing that can happen is you will become friends. Hey you will never know until you go for it right? I like to use a line from movie called Risky Business:

"Sometimes you just have to say Fu** it."

I think you can fill in the blanks there.

Go get him!!!! Be aggressive I am sure that he will respond to it like Kuhl said.

My motto

"you never know till you try"

-Hubman

Yeah, you need to just buck up and go for it. Look at this as a personal goal because this won't be the first time in your life will find yourself in this situation.

Here's what I've done:

Find a moment, take a deep breath and say "1, 2, 3, GO!", then execute some rehearsed line you have stored up your head. A previous poster had a really good one about crossing paths. Or you can just make it REALLY SIMPLE, by saying "Hi, I'm.... and I've noticed you around."

Trust me...and I mean TRUST ME....he'll think you are all the more hot for it!

I wish the all the best Sista! Good luck!

(Sounds like this guy is as good as yours already!)