Psychic of your love life?

useruser

I'd like to go and see what the hype of going to a psychic is all about. However, its apparently against my religion.

Two of the girls at my work went to a psychic. At different times of course. apparently, they were pretty accurate. One of the girls was told about her ex and how that person hurt her, and how she will end up back together and will hurt her again, that she will be married by her early twenties...etc.. She ended back together with her ex, and then the broke up again and this time he hurt her big time that it got to the point where I was even thinking on calling his work and complaining about him and his terrible customer service, she actually did that and I was thinking to join in. She just happens to become a pretty good friend of mine. Her ex just happens to (1) work down the street from me (2) he used to work in my department and he started a day before I did so I know what he is like.

The other girl was apparently told that something along the lines that she went to the wrong high school when she moved to Toronto. She should of got in years ago and that she should make the change as soon as possible and she sees the change happening soon. Well the girl applied and got in now and is going to make the change when the semester finishes in January.

While I wouldn't say that it can never happen. You have to be careful who you go to, because a lot of them are just frauds.

One of my friend's was really into the whole psychic thing and the lady told her that she was going to marry her current bf at that time, and they were going to have baby soon. Fast forward a few months, she left him for another guy.

Wow...

I wonder why going to psychics even just for the curiosity is against some religions. Will they be cursed?

I have no idea to be honest with you. I brought up the topic of going to a phychic a few years back and my cousins exact wors were "you better not let grandma know that you said you want to go and find out....its against our religion, didn't you know? " I obviously didn't know. I've never looked into it before, I might google it and see if there is any information on it,.

Well that is the irony. Some religions forbid it because it is the "work of the devil". However, that just basically lends creedence to the fortune telling concept. It makes it legit (ie: not a rip off) but merely evil, which implies that it is not charleton in any way.

I think.

It might be to prevent people depending their lives on the words of the psychics who are charlatans (there may be legitimate ones out there, who knows) and potentially ruining their lives due to it.

Perhaps, or it could be more along the lines of the fact that the adherers of the faith should use the holy book for guidance and not the word of someone who isn't connected to the faith in any way.

I can't really speak in any kind of authority to this part of the issue though. Plus we must be careful on ENA regarding religious discussions.

Is that one of the rules on ENA - about religious discussions?

I think if it's relevent to the topic then it's OK. It's just that things can get out of hand with religions and politics (can't imagine why!!)

I think there is a moderator assigned specifically to me to make sure I don't start something (lol)

I wasn't trying to start a religious discussion

What I wanted to know was if anyone has actually gone to a psychic themselves for relationship matters and discovered that their predictions actually came to pass.

useruser, I have noticed a tendency for most of your posts to rely heavily on hypotheticals and fantasy...........for your own benefit, i hope you don't live your life like that, because life is about making your own decisions and being conscious.

And for the record, clairvoyants and psychics prey on the weak of mind

useruser, I have noticed a tendency for most of your posts to rely heavily on hypotheticals and fantasy...........for your own benefit, i hope you don't live your life like that, because life is about making your own decisions and being conscious.

And for the record, clairvoyants and psychics prey on the weak of mind

I did say I was not planning on visiting them

Archived