Can you remain friends with your EX GIRLFRIEND!!

bAck in JULY I met the most wonderful girl in the world,, she was ith someone so we just wanted to be friends,, but over time We fell for esch other,, deep down we thought it wasnt right bu we got into a relationship anyways, well back in JANUARY she broke it off with me,, telling me it wont work, our personalities are different ( SHE DIDNT GIVE ME A CHANCE TO SHOW HOW I CAN BE now I havent resaly talked or seen her for 2 months,,, I just want me best friend back...I walk by a church with my dog every night to pray for her to still be in my life.. Im so scared,, I dont want to lose her, Im dying here

Hello Mikey,

Its hard these feelings you have, the "perfect" girl of your dreams, and she "really" didnt give yourself a chance to show all that you are as a person. now your probably blamming yourself, what if i had done this or that different etc.

In your post you say something very interesting about your relationship together, "deep down we thought it wasnt right but we got into a relationship anyways" what did you feel wasnt right? how did you know she was feeling this also? somewhere in there is the clue.

Your feelings of rejection will go away, you know your a good, loving person, and the right girl will come around and she will recognize you for what you are and be grateful to have discovered such a wonderful man. and then hopefully youll be able to say "Deep down we thought it was right, and we went into the relationship with confidence"

Your prayers will be answered my friend, and so will those of the wonderful woman that awaits you in your future

thank you I hope youre right

The first month we started we thought that if we got into one, we will rewen our friendship cause we were so close., but we told each other no matter what happens, nothing will destroy our friendship,, I helped are out through a bad time and saved her,, she always called me her guardien angel... now that we are not a couple.. its like she doesnt even want me at all,

she told me that we are best friends and connected some how,, but what shes doing makes it seem like A lie,, I havent talked or seen her in a month,, and its killing me,,

I can totally relate to what you are going through, man. I fell in love with my best friend, and we dated for two years, swearing to always be friends, no matter what. Now she says our personalities clash, and she is moving away to graduate school. We just had a HORRIBLE fight, which led me to this site, and now I feel like she will slip away to another life without me.

Maybe this doesn't offer much comfort, but I just wanted you to know that I feel your pain, and it's nice to know that someone knows how I feel. I'll pray for the both of us.

• 1 year later...

Mikey-

The hardest thing to lose is a best friend, especially one you loved. I know that because I too had to leave my best friend. We parted company when things just got too dramatic between us. I do miss the times we had, all those years I invested into him... Sadly though, it is a shame. The only thing to hope for is that she misses you back also.. Maybe the time away from eachother will do some good. But, don't get your hopes up. You have to be ready to accept that she doesn't want to be your friend, or possibly doesn't want to talk to you anymore... Perhaps she's moved on, and feels guilty about talking to you?? Who knows.

My point is that you really don't know what is going on with HER either. I truly do hope and pray that things do pan out for the best for you, whatever that might be. Just remember, for every closed door-- a window opens..