Friend. Or something more?

ay0_x

A has a girlfriend. We attended the same high school together and were Head Boy and Head Girl. We were pretty good friends, not best friends but we shared a few laughs. However all our communication was done in school.

High school has now finished. A has for about a week now called me every night (high school finished a week ago) and we talk for about an hour. It's normal and friendly from my side but sometimes I get confused.

Examples of things he says/asks...

"You know, you're the only person I can be open with. I can't really open up to my best friend, he never takes me seriously.".

"When you went out with _______, we all thought WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HER?! SHE CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER. Seriously, what you were thinking?"

"I hung up on my girlfriend because I needed to call you haha".

"Who do you think was good looking from our year? Ah okay, I think you were the hottest, followed by _________".

"Are you close to any of the other guys from school? Who do you most confide in? Who are you closest to? Do you talk on the phone with anybody else? What do you talk about?"

"Remember how you were so nerdy when you came? and then you got all hot? Lollll should have been hot when you first came, maybe things would have turned out differently for us, yknow hahahaha".

"You need to stop dating white boys and arabs, seriously. What you need is a pacific Islander. We're not like those losers.. We're humble".

"We should go to prom together. It'll look cool, having Head girl and Head boy walk out of a limo together".

I told him about a guy who's interested in me and A was like "HELL NO! stay away from him" and was convinced said guy was a player & liar. Now, while that may be true it complicates things if A actually likes me because that kind of affects the validity of his statements.

My friends think it's kind of odd for A to be calling me at midnight and they give me this face... >>

What does everyone think?

Archived