Nervous and scared about talking to this girl

INeedHelpFast

I have a really hard time going up to a girl and starting a conversation, and I was wondering if someone could help me.

So I've been seeing this girl around campus who I think is cute, and I managed to find her on facebook, which she has set to a public profile and I learned that we share similar interests. Anyways, long story short, I've seen her at the club once, she took a quick look at me, when I looked back at her, she turned away. Then, in another event on campus, it looked like she was looking at me, continued looking for a while, and then looked away.

I'm going to be at an event tomorrow which she will be attending. I'm not sure how to just go up to her and start talking. I feel like I'd freeze up and not know what to say. The event is related to community service. I'm also afraid that I've been thinking about this girl so much that I'll get rejected. What should I do? and how should I approach this issue or her, like what should I say? Should I just look at her and smile?

Ahh the "look away part has made you unsure right?"

Is she looking away to suggest she is not interested in me?

I guess the only thing you can do is take a deep breath and stirke up a conversation with her if you don't know anyone else that knows her.

I assume you know she is single right?

Ahh the "look away part has made you unsure right?"

Is she looking away to suggest she is not interested in me?

I guess the only thing you can do is take a deep breath and stirke up a conversation with her if you don't know anyone else that knows her.

I assume you know she is single right?

Well it seemed like she looked away when I turned my head to look towards her. Either that or we just happened to make eye contact at the same moment, and I continued going my way and she turned around looking elsewhere.

But the second time around, it seemed like she was actually looking at me for a while before she turned away, after I started looking at her.

Yes, she is single.

At the same time however, it is a huge campus, and its highly unlikely for me to expect to see someone again, if I don't know anything about them. So I guess if I were her, I'd take nothing of it. Whereas, I know her name, and alot about her through facebook. But then again, I might just be saying all this to make myself feel better lol

This is how my typical conversation would go with any female..

Me: Hey hows it going? I'm Mike

Girl: Hey, pretty good, im xzy, nice to meet you.

after this, i have no idea what to say..

You have a lot of material just by the fact that you'll be seeing her at an event. I don't know exactly what is happening, but just ask her questions about the event. If it's to recruit volunteers, ask her if she saw anything interesting. Ask if she's volunteered anywhere else. Then you can start to ask what she's majoring in, where she's from, etc. Just keep asking her questions about herself, throw in some stuff about you too that relates so it's not like an interview, and you'll be fine.

What Daligal83 said and more. After the introduction and small talk, tell her that you plan on having something to eat after the event (possibly with some people, your choice) and ask if she'd like to join you. That way, to her it seems like a spontaneous invitation rather than one obviously planned (unless she's clever, which is also good ). Make it seem as if you do this all the time. She might not accept, but it's a step in the right direction; at the very least you let her know you're here and interested in her.

In the end, however, you should make this whole thing your own.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont think to much about the whole thing, the chance of you stumbling and messing up or making your worst fears happen is possiable so go with the flow.

Do you ever go to parties ? if so have you gone to anywere she is ?

If so next time if you see her at a party have a few drinks that way it will losen you up and you can talk to her without so much stress. But dont over do it, you dont wanna be throwing up on her.

Goodluck man.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't introduce yourself straight away. Strike up a little bit of a conversation by mentioning something she's doing at the time and playing off that. OR talk about the community sevice thing, something along those lines. If you have a little back and forth for a bit, then introduce yourself. It'll feel a little more natural and easy and you shouldn't reach that awkward moment where you don't know what to say, BECAUSE, you've already been talking...

Good luck.

I'd say ask questions is a great way to go. This shows that you're interested in her, and she'll really appreciate that. Anything from where's she's headed to for the day (classes, etc.), to college life in general, would be good topics. And if you can work in anything about the event you'll both be at, you could either invite her to go with you (ie AuthenticAuthor says), or if you're getting a tinge of shyness, you can say you hope to see her there, maybe we'll run into each other. Then let her know where you're going to be at the event. Something like, "Well I'll be spending most of my time at the volunteer tables, maybe I'll run into you there."

Archived