We weren't actually boyfriend & girlfriend, but she was a girl that I was very much into and would have liked to take things further with.

Unfortunately from the beginning she knew she was moving, and so nothing really ever developed. We went out once or twice a week for a few months. When she moved there was a chance she might be moving back. That was almost 6 months ago and I haven't heard from her. Nor have I really tried to contact her since then. I figure that she probably isn't moving back and so that's that.

It's been difficult for me to keep NC during this time, but I figured it was for the best. Even so though I still have a desire to send her an email and see how she is doing. I don't know if it's for closure or what I'm seeking really, maybe hearing directly from her that she isn't moving back will help me get over her? The only thing that has stopped me so far is simply pride. It hurts that she never took the initiative herself.

So... Do I contact her and see how she has been? Thanks.

I guess it depends on your own personal strength. If you get into contact with her and it turns out she's not moving home, will you be able to move on, or will that just bring all of the feelings rushing back?

If I were you, I would drop her a quick e-mail to say hello, hope all is well, but keep your wits about you and remember that she's gone and may not be returning.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, I did send a short note and now I'll see if I get a reply. Honestly I don't know why I wanted to do this. I am pretty certain that I'm not going to see her again; I accepted that a long time ago. It just seems wrong for some reason to drop all communication with someone when there never was a reason too. Then again there isn't any real reason to continue communication either, but that seems like a very weak excuse.

I guess I just need reassurance that I wasn't doing something dumb in order to swallow my pride, so thanks for that you two.

Archived