I Think She's With Someone New! Kinda hurts, kinda doesn't!!

I just saw pictures of her on Facebook, only because a mutual friend was tagged in a photo and she was at the same party. She seems to be with another guy, who I think she works with. He wouldn't have been at this function unless they went together.

She looks happy (well it was a party after all) but she doesn't look great. She's a very pretty girl, but her body has gone all fun-house mirror! As for him, he's got a busted nose, a double chin and crooked teeth So I ain't exactly sweating him!

Initially, my heart sank, probably just a kick to my ego, but to be honest I feel somewhat relieved. Even though my heart thumped, I definitely don't feel that same love towards her. It just felt very weird. And I hope she is with this guy, and that she's happy with him. Now I can finally clear the last hurdle, and put this behind me for good. And maybe we'll be a bit closer to becoming friends like we've always wanted.

I don't feel the same way for her anymore. I don't want her back. But why does it still hurt guys!!??

Because all relationship breakdowns hurt, especially when the other person moves on, even if it was you who wanted to break the relationship.

Anything new and fresh that needs adjusting to will always be difficult. You spent a lot of time with her and you must have loved her once, so of course it will hurt a little.

But it will also become a sight you get used to, her being with someone else and you will no longer hurt over it. It will help you get over her.

yup im on the same boat.....i know my ex is with someone else she left me for a workmate...... even though we dont feel the same way about them anymore it still hurts.....just lucky i havent seen pics of them together....im keeping away from checking my exs facebook....you should keep away too rob....we dont know how we'll react in 48 hours time...

remember its a rollercoaster

im keeping away from checking my exs facebook....you should keep away too rob....
I have deleted her on FB. But we have a few very good mutual friends and some times those mutual friends get tagged in photos and they land right on front of me, so naturally if she's at the same party, I'm gonna see pictures of her too. I'm glad she's with someone else, if indeed she is. It's what I finally needed to put this to bed for good.

I thought you were staying away from Facebook until 1/1/10???

Anyway, Yeah, this is a good step for you to get out of the way. It hurts, but it is something that inevitably happens and it's better to just get over with and move on. I had the same experience as you. I was wayyyyyy over my ex, but still seeing those pictures hurt like a mother! It's part of the process and you'll be better off in the long run.

Saw pics of my ex and her boyf a few days ago.. a friend of mine was tagged at a bar and there she was... i made the mistake of going into the album and there were about 8 pics of the two of them together looking extremely happy. I've seen plenty of pics before in the early days and I guess i just felt numb. It threw me for a few hours and for sure, its certainly the main factor why im down today and posted a new thread which you were good enough to post a reply to.

Facebook is the devil in these situations and even though you can delete a lot of people, you cant delete everyone and pics will crop up from time to time if you still have mutual friends.. best just not to go there.

You were with her a long time so seeing her with a new guy is obviously going to hurt at this stage..its natural.

At the end of the day, a picture is just a picture. They may look like they are happy but you just dont know whats really going on in their heads. I look at some of the pics ive had taken of me over the last 10 months and I look like im having the time of my life when inside ive been dying. I would like to think after spending so long with someone as you and I did, they are not getting over it so easily as a few pictures would suggest.

I guess in that sense I am lucky... I have been given all the fuel I need to get past that stage. While my ex doesnt have a facebook or a myspace page that she ever uses, the fact is, she ended our relationship to be with someone else (again). So in that sense, that hurdle has already been thrown my way so I shouldnt have to deal with it in the future. I do want her to be happy and if she couldnt be happy with me than she should be happy with someone else. At the same time, she cheated multiple times, and this is not the first time she has left me for another guy, so honestly I cant say Im happy for her because I am still very mad and hurt by what she has done. I can also say that while she thinks its going to work out, it probably wont. She hasnt been single in over 8 or 9 years (she is 25) and before me (and even during) she would move from one relationship to the next. I am honestly waiting for this new guy to realize what he has gotten into and for her to come back. Hopefully when that happens I will be in an ok place to either realize that she changed and give it a try or walk away for good.

She hasnt been single in over 8 or 9 years (she is 25) and before me (and even during) she would move from one relationship to the next.

Same here, I know she's the kind of person who needs to be in a relationship. She wasn't 4/5 months from the last guy when she met me and she rebounded on me with some married dude. So the fact she's with someone else, doesn't surprise me.

Having said all that, it seemed like a good party and part of the hurt, I guess, comes from missing out on a good night!

Archived