Well for one, when ever you have sex--with a condom or not--you can get an std. For one, condoms are pourous ..meaning they have little teeny holes. Now, seman 98 percent of the time can't get through if you use it perfectly ALL the time, but now imagine .. if you had a seman that was about 8 feet long, some stds are about the size of a dime portionally to that seman. So, they can get through MUCH easier. Also, there is still some contact. Your bodies are still rubbing together etc. So I guess what I am saying is yes, you could have gotten an STD.. but that is a risk you take when having sex. I assume you and your partner are checked about once a year if you are sexually active.. and if not. . you may want to be checked.

On another note though, "sex half way".. it doesn't matter how far the penis is inserted. If you are having vaginal sex, you can get pregant. Keep in mind that some guys only have "2-3 inches" to work with . So, that really shouldn't make any difference what so ever.

Also, you said something about how seman can't live outside of the body for long. Do you mean the male's body or both? Because according to what I know after studying this, seman can (and will) continue living in the female's body for about 7 days.

Anyways, so I guess what I am saying is that yes, there is a chance, but there always is. I would say you should get checked regulary if you are sexually active and aren't already. And, the sooner you find out you have something, the better.. soo.. Not trying to freak you out or anything. heh. Just giving you the straight forward facts.

Hey,

Here is the copy of an article I found that may help you out....enjoy!

"The Catholic Church is telling people in countries stricken by Aids not to use condoms because they have tiny holes in them through which HIV can pass - potentially exposing thousands of people to risk.

The church is making the claims accross four continents despite a widespread scientific consensus that condoms are impermeable to HIV.

A senior Vatican spokesman backs the claims about permeable condoms, despite assurances by the World Health Organisation that they are untrue.

The church's claims are revealed in a BBC1 Panorama programme, Sex and the Holy City, to be broadcast on Sunday. The president of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for the Family, Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo, told the programme: "The Aids virus is roughly 450 times smaller than the spermatozoon. The spermatozoon can easily pass through the 'net' that is formed by the condom.

"These margins of uncertainty... should represent an obligation on the part of the health ministries and all these campaigns to act in the same way as they do with regard to cigarettes, which they state to be a danger."

The WHO has condemned the Vatican's views, saying: "These incorrect statements about condoms and HIV are dangerous when we are facing a global pandemic which has already killed more than 20 million people, and currently affects at least 42 million."

The organisation says "consistent and correct" condom use reduces the risk of HIV infection by 90%. There may be breakage or slippage of condoms - but not, the WHO says, holes through which the virus can pass .

Scientific research by a group including the US National Institutes of Health and the WHO found "intact condoms... are essentially impermeable to particles the size of STD pathogens including the smallest sexually transmitted virus... condoms provide a highly effective barrier to transmission of particles of similar size to those of the smallest STD viruses".

The Vatican's Cardinal Trujillo said: "They are wrong about that... this is an easily recognisable fact."

The church opposes any kind of contraception because it claims it breaks the link between sex and procreation - a position Pope John Paul II has fought to defend.

In Kenya - where an estimated 20% of people have HIV - the church condemns condoms for promoting promiscuity and repeats the claim about permeability. The archbishop of Nairobi, Raphael Ndingi Nzeki, said: "Aids... has grown so fast because of the availability of condoms."

Sex and the Holy City includes a Catholic nun advising her HIV-infected choirmaster against using condoms with his wife because "the virus can pass through".

In Lwak, near Lake Victoria, the director of an Aids testing centre says he cannot distribute condoms because of church opposition. Gordon Wambi told the programme: "Some priests have even been saying that condoms are laced with HIV/Aids."

Panorama found the claims about permeable condoms repeated by Catholics as far apart as Asia and Latin America.

· Steve Bradshaw is a correspondent with Panorama. Sex and the Holy City will be broadcast on BBC1 at 10.15pm on Sunday."

The Catholic Church is telling people in countries stricken by Aids not to use condoms because they have tiny holes in them through which HIV can pass - potentially exposing thousands of people to risk."

Don't mean to get off topic, but the Catholic Church isn't exactly trustworthy.

Now about the risk of disease. Talk to your doctor or counselor about it. They'll most like have much more information about this.

About the risk of pregnancy. You can also just go to your local drug store and purchase a birth control pill.

What I was telling you about was the information I have learned after studying this. If you choose to believe that I am wrong, that is your choice. Although, I don't think it would be extremely wise.. BUT that is only based on my opinion and my education.

Also, if your health teacher really did tell you that it is "impossible" then I'm sorry, but he/she is wrong. Whenever there is contact it is possible. Not as likely as if he had ejaculated, but it IS possible. Possible enough that you should be aware of it.

And to the comments about the Catholic church.. I don't see how this has anything to do with what I said. I do not base my information off of the church OR my views on sex. Although I would say that some of their view points make sense and can be useful,at times, to follow (just so that we don't turn this into a question turned into a discussion over religious beliefs). I also wasn't talking about AIDS. There are many different STDs and condoms provide very little protection over Human Papillloma Virus, better known as HPV, which is strongly associate with cervical cancer.

Anyways, you probably don't need to freak out over what happened to you, but yes, it is possible. And if you "tried it once," you are sexually actice and could be checked for STDs or pregnancy. Better safe then sorry? I think so. I get the impression that you might be in.. middle school or maybe early high school? If you are worried about your parents finding out or something like that.. you can easily get your hands on things to detect birth, information on STD's.. and I'm not sure according to what state you are on, but you may be able to visit a doctor and get help like birth control pills or be tested for STD's without your parents knowing. But then, it really does depend where you are.