Need better pictures for online profile

givenup0083

I'm a 26 year old male, and I'm confident in myself when dating a woman and it going well when I'm with them, but getting a date seems to be tough at times. I feel like online dating is all about your pictures. Now I'm not Brad Pitt, but I've been told I'm fairly handsome/cute/attractive or whatever girls say. I think I have really bad pictures on my profile because I just simply don't take a lot of pictures. I'm not very photogenic in the first place, it's hard for me to fake and hold a smile for a camera and look natural.

Basically I need better pictures, what should I do to get them done? I have an iphone but that seems a little silly sometimes. I don't want to go get professionally done pictures, that seems too weird and is expensive.

Any ideas are welcomed.

why aren't you approaching girls in person if you are so misrepresented online in pictures?

I work and live in Downtown Chicago. I just won't date girls I work with or girls I meet at the bar. That's really the only time I have to meet women and I'm just not impressed with the type of girls I meet and I don't have time to take up new hobbies or interests to dedicate to meeting women. It's also somewhat difficult approaching random women in public places and everyone is skeptical of strangers. It's a big city, people are careful.

I'm also particular about personalities, and I don't seem to meet those personalities that I'm interested in on a regular basis. Online dating has been my most successful method for dating at this point in my life. Just looking to improve it with pictures.

I work and live in Downtown Chicago. I just won't date girls I work with or girls I meet at the bar. That's really the only time I have to meet women and I'm just not impressed with the type of girls I meet and I don't have time to take up new hobbies or interests to dedicate to meeting women. It's also somewhat difficult approaching random women in public places and everyone is skeptical of strangers. It's a big city, people are careful.

I'm also particular about personalities, and I don't seem to meet those personalities that I'm interested in on a regular basis. Online dating has been my most successful method for dating at this point in my life. Just looking to improve it with pictures.

Weathers great today!! Go out to the Zoo or beach with a close friend take a bunch of fun pictures! LOADS OF PICS, then pick out the best.

Like many of my generation I went through the whole MySpace phase, and have mastered the art of taking misleadingly flattering pictures of myself. Invest in a good digital camera and take tons of pictures. Go nuts. Experiment with different lighting, surroundings, angles, facial expressions, etc to find out which work best for you. The more different pictures you take, the greater the change there will be that you'll get one you like. A lot of digital cameras come with basic editing software, so that you can mess around with things like the brightness, tone and contrast to fix or enhance your pics.

Have your sister or buddy takes pictures of you. It is very hard to take good natyral looking pictures of yourself. Like the others have said take a lot of them and pick out a few really good ones. If you are friends with a few girls have them pick out the ones they like the most. Remember you are trying to attract girls and they see things us guys just don't get!

Lost

I was having the same issue...not having much success generating interest, then I updated my pictures and voila, I've been going out with a bunch of women over the past few months. I basically just took my mediocre digital camera, set it to time delay, and took a bunch of pictures in different locations, different clothes etc. I threw a few of them on hot or not just as a quick way to get some rating and kind of narrow it down further once I had picked the top ones. Then I threw in a few pics that I had saved on my computer with me out amongst freinds and there it was.

If you don't have a camera, try to borrow one from someone. Go hang out somewhere with your buddies and ask them to bring a camera, just figure out a way to generate a bunch of photos. I'm convinced that most people can look pretty decent in a picture if its presented properly, and taking a bunch of pictures should lead to a few gems.

Good luck.

if you have a hard time looking natural take pictures doing things you like. Not only will it help you look better but it will also show what your interests are. For example, take a picture tossing a football, or one with you playing with your dog, something like that. Its you in your element and cute too.

Archived