Feeling very Depressed and Nothing Seems to work!!

I had a fight with my girlfriend of 5 years last month; nothing big, but the following day, she told me that she needed some space to find herself. She said she still Loved me, and that everything was going to be okay. I gave her the space, but it seems that all that all that happened is her getting more distant from me. It has been hell for me the last month, I went to the doctor and got some medication, as I'm really depressed. I don't know what to do, as she nows says that she doesn't think were going to get back together. This is tearing me apart, I thought we were meant for eachother, "soulmates". We had even talked about marriage and our future together. As soon as I was done with school, we were going to get married. I don't know what to do now, I'm so confused, and I can't stop thinking about her. I don't call her, as I don't want to bugg her or get her upset.

Does anyone have some advice? I can really use it, I'm a reck. My whole life revolved around her. Their was never any cheating on either side, and we were always together. We go along great. Even her family doesn't know why she's doingn this. I'm really sad, and I can't stop crying each day.

I've been rather depressed for the past several years too. Although not for the same reasons, it's been enough to also make me a bit...crazy.

It wasn't until recently that I've been slightly happier. All the advice places said "exercise" or "get another hobby". I decided to combine it and took up playing Dance Dance Revolution. I got my exercise, it got my mind off things, and I met many awesome people, high schoolers, adults, etc. at the arcade.

Another way I would get my emotions out was by playing on my piano (any instrument works). Compose a song, play sad songs, play happy songs, listen to music. Music is a very powerful tool in controlling emotions. Avoid listening to music with words if you can, as they tell you what to think and don't let you create your own images. Pick an upbeat tune, close your eyes, and think of a fun time in your childhood or something recent.

Also, if you really must, just cry. Although you're sad, crying is sometimes the only thing that can be done with things like this. I believe there's also some chemical in the tears that makes you feel better when you smell it. Good luck.