Girlfriend went out to a bar... and....

Boughs

She was sober enough to say "No, I want to go home", refuse to enter the house and ask the taxi-driver to take her to her own home. .

The girl was sober enough not to let her friend be alone at some strange guys place.

The only reason this story seems plausible is that her friend hooked up with one of the guys at the place. I've known girls back in college who would follow their friends to some guys place after a party. One would want to hook up, while the other is tagging along.

It would be different story if the gf went to the guys place alone. There is no excuse for that.

If your gf has been trustworthy and you are in a healthy relationship, give her the benefit of the doubt.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I'd also wonder about your gf friends' judgment and whether or not they are the type of influence that she would be wise to stay away from. I'm not saying the friends did anything wrong, assuming they are all single, as they are free to do what they like, but if they were good friends, they would not encourage your gf to end up in that type of situation.

As far as the ban idea goes, don't know if I'd go that far...but I don't see a problem with it. People are free to have standards and it's not really a "ban"...everyone is free to do what they want, but they shouldn't expect their SO to stick around while they do it...not really a "ban" because it doesn't restrict behavior...just gives consequences for it.

The girl was sober enough not to let her friend be alone at some strange guys place.

The only reason this story seems plausible is that her friend hooked up with one of the guys at the place. I've known girls back in college who would follow their friends to some guys place after a party. One would want to hook up, while the other is tagging along.

It would be different story if the gf went to the guys place alone. There is no excuse for that.

If your gf has been trustworthy and you are in a healthy relationship, give her the benefit of the doubt.

My girlfriend went out one night with two of her girlfriends
There were three of them and three guys. Thr other two could have looked after each other.
There were three of them and three guys. Thr other two could have looked after each other.

You don't know what the circumstances of what happened that night. Maybe one of the girls left home early. It is pure speculation

When people drink and hang out with their friends, sometimes they get caught up in the moment and don't make the best decisions. The gf made some mistakes and seems she feels bad for it.

I am just saying that her story is plausible. Whether I give someone the benefit of the doubt depends on their past history and trustworthiness. You can't make this judgment call out of context.

The circumstances that night were as she presented them to her boyfriend and as he reported them here. So any judgment is going to be based on that. Her judgment in allowing herself to be put into a situation like that is obviously flawed. There were alternatives to her decision and she chose not to take them.

Archived