Taking Down/Hiding Profile

Crusader9

I'm sure this has been asked before, but haven't really found any specific thread on it..

So I've been dating this girl for a few weeks, (4 dates), great fun. We have both said we have had a great time and want to keep seeing more of each other...and yes, we have kissed...moving at a slow (which is good) pace. I think we are both a little shy/traditional, and are comfortable with that...I think that is partially why we are getting along so well.

Yes, we met online, and I have this profile on there. I am not expecting exclusivity or anything, but I am not the type to date several women at the same time...it just doesn't interest me. It just seems funny to keep the profile up if I am not checking it, searching, etc. I can always unhide or create another one if we don't continue dating.

My concern is that if I hide my profile and she is checking hers (for whatever reason...I can't control what others do, so I don't let it bother me), would that freak her out or would it send a "good message" that I am not still trying to see how many dates I can get?

Thoughts?

It sounds gamey to me. If you want her to know that you are happy with her and have no interest in other women, why not just tell her that?

i agree. that's what i have done in the past too. if they are interested in dating you and only you, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Think about it this way -- if she is checking your profile to see if you have taken it down, then you won't have a problem because in that world, she feels the same way and is wondering if you do too. If, on the other hand, she is still open to dating others and expects you to as well, she isn't going to be looking at your profile to notice that you have taken it down.

So in short, if you aren't looking for anyone new, there's no risk involved in taking your profile down or hiding it.

You are showing respect to this girl by hiding/removing your profile. It is without doubt an excellent thing to do. I have just spoken with a male friend of mine yesterday who has done the same thing after 2 dates that went great with a girl he met online. I was instantly impressed. It sends a very good message to your new interest that you are focusing on her and are clearly very interested in seeing what happens between the two of you, without actively pursuing another date or even trying to. Your profile can be re activated in a snap if things dont work out. Although so far so good...and good luck..

Archived