Met a girl online - we are happy, moving fast but last night could have been better...

G35Rider

I met this girl on Facebook - I msged her because I thought she was really attractive (yes, call me a shallow dude will ya?). Anyway, turns out we have alot inc ommon - same religious beliefs, same goals in life and alot in common as far as interest goes.

We spoke for 2 weeks before we met over the phone. We would talk all through the night as I would really enjoy talking to her.

We met last week on Saturday spantenously and had a great time at the movies. I made a move and she enjoyed making out (although most girls do not kiss on the first date) and we both had alot of fun. Afterwards, she told me she was glad I made the move on her. In fact, after the movies she asked me if I was ready for a committed relationship. I said yes but I was not sure if I was but I do really like her and didn't want to lose her.

Yesterday, we met again. I was sick but I decided to go out anyway. Again, we had tons of fun at a restaurant - they were having salsa night. Though we did not dance, I ordered a White Wine and asked her to drink with me. After the restaurant, we made out again but before I dropped her home she seemed displeased. We got into some touching as well because thats what usually escalates after you make out passionately! But I think she was kinda upset I ordered the Wine because she hadn't drank in a year or so.

Ah well, I haven't heard from her last night. She said she'd txt me in the morning like she usually does but haven't heard from her. I don't know if I should initiate the contact again. I think we had plans on going out tonight too....sigh, why must relationships be so hard

I may have to tell her soon how I really feel about her and might even introduce her to my parents.

Any suggestions would be great.

My advice would be to take it slow. You have only seen this woman in person on two occasions, so I would be in no rush to have her meet the parents.

If she is in AA, it is not fair for her to expect you to live by her same standards having just met. Other then that, I hope you here back from her soon, and that this incident is isolated.

Wow, that's moving at lightning speed. She asked for a committed relationship after the first date? (And the first date involved a movie, which doesn't lend itself well for talking)

I'm confused about the wine part. Did she drink with you when you asked her? Is she a recovering alcoholic, and that's why she hasn't had a drink in a year?

It's still a bit early to panic that she hasn't texted yet. Do you live in the US/Canada? It's still technically the 'morning', and I would hold off a few hours. Do you have solid plans to do something again with her tonight?

We had plans on seeing each other yesterday, today and Sunday. Shes busy the other days and I will be too. I live in Canada.

I heard from her she txt me asking how I was feeling. So far so good - yes we might be taking this a bit too fast after all. Hmm, just don't want to lose her - I will buy her roses if I see her today

We had plans on seeing each other yesterday, today and Sunday. Shes busy the other days and I will be too. I live in Canada.

I heard from her she txt me asking how I was feeling. So far so good - yes we might be taking this a bit too fast after all. Hmm, just don't want to lose her - I will buy her roses if I see her today

I'd go with carnations or something along those lines.

If she is worth being with you, trust me, that shouldn't be your concern right now. Unless you both have terminal diseases, then all bets are off. Since you didn't mention that you did, I would take her relationship request as a red flag so soon. You have to ask yourself whats her hurry, she hardly knows you.

What are you talking about relationships are so hard? You don't have a relationship with her you've only seen her twice. Introducing her to your parents? Do yourself a favour and don't tell her this for at least a couple of months if you want her to stick around. You haven't heard from her one morning and you are concerned? DUDE! take it easy! Slow down! If this relationship doesn't work out I assure you it will be caused by your own doing and your overly anxious behaviours which scare the heck out of women. Occupy yourself with other things and dont think about her non stop. This should help relax you and let the dating evolve naturally.

Yes, I might need to occupy myself more - sounds like we are both insecure! Not sure if I will be seeing her today but I don't want to initiate the reminder. She says shes in a bad mood because of a fight with her mom which I told her to tell me about.

I'll wait for her to ask about it whether I am seeing her today or not. We may have plans on going to the gym together tonight.

You know sometimes, you talk to someone you feel like you've known them for a long time...

Yes, I might need to occupy myself more - sounds like we are both insecure! Not sure if I will be seeing her today but I don't want to initiate the reminder. She says shes in a bad mood because of a fight with her mom which I told her to tell me about.

I'll wait for her to ask about it whether I am seeing her today or not. We may have plans on going to the gym together tonight.

You know sometimes, you talk to someone you feel like you've known them for a long time...

Yes, but a rule of thumb I like to follow is if you don't know them well enough to give your PIN number to, then you probably should not trust them with your heart.

Archived