Need a little advice

My ex broke up with me about 6 weeks ago. I heard from a friend that knows the guy that hooked us up that my ex has been asking about me and misses me and she really loves me. She asked the guy that hooked us up if she should call me. The guy said he couldn't tell her to call or not, but it was her call. It made me feel pretty good, but now I am sort of feeling down because I haven't received a call yet. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up. I just need some advice on this. Should I take the lead and call her or maybe send her a letter?

Absolutely not. Do not call for the time being and let her call you. Chances are that the longer she doesn't hear from you the more she will miss you and eventually she'll pick up that phone and call. She's the one that broke up with you so it should be up to her to initiate and rectify the relationship if she wants back in. I'm sure she's smart enough to realize that. By telling her that you know what she said and this and that you are only giving off the impression that you're still trying to stick your nose into her business and this may push her away.

If I were you, I would call (or at least text) her just to ask if she is OK. That way you are opening up means of communication. Maybe she hasn't plucked up the courage to call you yet but as DN said be prepared for denial. If you can handle that, then go ahead.

Absolutely not. Do not call for the time being and let her call you. Chances are that the longer she doesn't hear from you the more she will miss you and eventually she'll pick up that phone and call. She's the one that broke up with you so it should be up to her to initiate and rectify the relationship if she wants back in. I'm sure she's smart enough to realize that. By telling her that you know what she said and this and that you are only giving off the impression that you're still trying to stick your nose into her business and this may push her away.

I think this is solid advice. I miss her a lot I just dont want to be hurt anymore. And I always said if a person really loves you then they will come back into your life to be with you.

But should I wait to see if she calls me. Remember she dumped me. She told me she need space and I gave it too her. I didnt plead or beg, I just went no contact.

Yes! you shoudl wait to see if she calls. Remember she's the one that asked you for space so it's her responsibility to get a hold of you if she wants you back. If you quit your job and then you realize you made a mistake. Do you think it would be wise for you to be calling to get it back? Surely your employer wont be chasing you around to see if you chaged your mind. And if he did, then you can smell "desparate" from accross the room, and trust me it's not the smell you want to carry with you. Give her some more time. Chances of this working out in the long term are much greater if you allow her to call. Any attempt you make to win her back may work for you in the short term but it may fall apart again later.

Dumpers are sometimes too scared of rejection to make an open overture and will use other means of trying to contact. She will assume your friend passed on her words and will assume you are not interested if there is no response.

It is worth a call to find out the truth.

Dumpers are sometimes too scared of rejection to make an open overture and will use other means of trying to contact. She will assume your friend passed on her words and will assume you are not interested if there is no response.

It is worth a call to find out the truth.

I must admit I did think that maybe by talking through your friend she was trying to open up a means of communciation, being too scared to make the initial move herself.

Either that or she was fishing to see if calling you would be a good or bad idea and she never really got an answer.

I have to admit tho ... its a tough one

I must admit I did think that maybe by talking through your friend she was trying to open up a means of communciation, being too scared to make the initial move herself.

Either that or she was fishing to see if calling you would be a good or bad idea and she never really got an answer.

I have to admit tho ... its a tough one

Your telling me, but she rejected me in the first place.

I don't think it is wise to get into "she rejected me" therefore she must do this or that. Look at what you want in the big picture and do what may get it for you.

Be prepared for disappointment if you do contact her. But asking her if she meant it is not the same as asking her to get back with you. It is just giving her an opportunity to ask you.

I am really confused about the situation. I don't think was treated all that good during the relationship

Well that puts a different perspective on things. Going back is one thing but going back to something that wasn't very good ......?

I guess you can say she was emotionally cheating on me, she would confine in men about our problems a whole gym pretty much. And she would stare at other men even after I told her it hurt me. Now I went about resolving it the wrong way, but I'm thinking that maybe it's time for me to stay still.

Archived