Why are some people are so rude on this site!!!

doityourself

Well, for me, personally, I know I'm not the most...er, diplomatic person on this board. I'm very honest, blunt, frank, and in your face when I respond to things. It's not meant to be mean or belittle, but really to get a poster or OP to realize how some of the things they say or feel come accross.

Sometimes, rudeness (or in my case, frankness) helps. If you never want to be challenged and just want to be told over and over again how awesome and right you are, invest in a cheerleader.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you and I have a diff interpretation of tough love. Bc I dont see it as someone agreeing with you and saying everything you want to hear. If someone I didnt know on the street started giving me "tough love", I would become highly offended. Like, "Who does this person think they are?" Same on here. Granted, I am sharing my personal issues on this site, something I wouldnt do in person, but there is a way to say things. In life, a person needs to learn to be tactful bc one day you might say something to the wrong person.

Maybe you and I have a diff interpretation of tough love. Bc I dont see it as someone agreeing with you and saying everything you want to hear. If someone I didnt know on the street started giving me "tough love", I would become highly offended. Like, "Who does this person think they are?" Same on here. Granted, I am sharing my personal issues on this site, something I wouldnt do in person, but there is a way to say things. In life, a person needs to learn to be tactful bc one day you might say something to the wrong person.

For me, it's not 'tough love'. I don't know you. What it is, is saying things as I see them. I try to be respectful, but direct.

But my point stands- if you don't appreciate my message, then ignore it.

I'm not being rude, I am giving my honest, direct opinion.

found this from the guardian broadsheet dated 2007 enotalone gets a mention. isaw the flaming issue and of course i had to post this

these are words of a hack and not mine so ive posted for all to see.

Again and again we hear the suggestion that if only people would use their "real" names when commenting on blogs and sites such as the Guardian's, everything would be sweetness and light. Wouldn't it? New research suggests not, says psychology lecturer Dr Ros Dyer, who researched computer mediated communication for her PhD at Staffordshire University.

link removed

found this from the guardian broadsheet dated 2007 enotalone gets a mention. isaw the flaming issue and of course i had to post this

these are words of a hack and not mine so ive posted for all to see.

Again and again we hear the suggestion that if only people would use their "real" names when commenting on blogs and sites such as the Guardian's, everything would be sweetness and light. Wouldn't it? New research suggests not, says psychology lecturer Dr Ros Dyer, who researched computer mediated communication for her PhD at Staffordshire University.

Hmmm that sounds like an interesting point of view

But can't people just lie about it ? I could name myself ... John Smith ? As an example

god only knows john smith this must be a ongoing thing, i mean the only type of social networking site ive ever been on is this one!

dont agree with the others, because on here i get to use a psuedonym, i wouldnt want any ex's giving me grief if they knew who i was. just makes life easier. to many people get beasted/baited/see stuff they dont want to etc etc on other sites of that nature because of the very open nature of identity. hope this makes sense?

any way

yours truly

carlos fandango the third!!!!

Well, for me, personally, I know I'm not the most...er, diplomatic person on this board. I'm very honest, blunt, frank, and in your face when I respond to things. It's not meant to be mean or belittle, but really to get a poster or OP to realize how some of the things they say or feel come accross.

Sometimes, rudeness (or in my case, frankness) helps. If you never want to be challenged and just want to be told over and over again how awesome and right you are, invest in a cheerleader.

I disagree that rudeness EVER helps. I think you can be honest, blunt, frank, and in your face without being outright rude. I've been gone for a while, but reading through some of the most recent threads, I've noticed that you've characterized yourself quite accurately, but I wouldn't say that you're blatantly rude, which is a good thing.

I've also been told in the past that I came accross as rude, and I think it was simply because the OP didn't like what I had to say. Many times, when we don't agree with what someone says, we interpret it as rudeness. That's why I try to "walk away" for a while and come back when I'm in a different state of mind. Most of the time, I read it differently and things are all good

Archived