Oy...Mutual Friend of Me and My Ex

My ex and I only had a few mutual friends. Even though we worked and went to school together, most of our friends were either more "his" or more "mine." But there were a few people we worked with that we both liked.

Anyway, one of the friends (a woman) requested me as a friend today. It was great seeing her again (we had lost touch), so I accepted her and wrote to her.

But then I looked on her friends list and saw MY EX'S FIRST EX! (back from 10 years ago). My ex was not on her list (he probably will add her when he gets the message).

Adrenaline was about to destroy my belly. Isn't the world a small place?!

I didn't know this mutual friend was FRIENDS WITH MY EX'S EX!

I didn't even know my ex's first highschool girlfriend, although I have pictures of them (my ex gave them to me) and we ran into her once at the movies (they hugged and exchanged a few updates).

Anyway, I'm wondering if my ex will discover my Facebook. I'm not sure if he knows I have one...

I'm not about to delete this woman as a friend just because of him, but I have to admit this whole thing starled me...so I came to my reliable venting post for emergency relief

***As a side note, I'm worried that my ex will add his highschool ex to Facebook and not me. Yes, I know I shouldn't care, and I'm getting along OK otherwise, but it would definitely add insult to injury to add her. He said he wasn't even really attracted to her and they weren't that serious. I was his 'real" first. But if he adds her, it kind of denies what we had in a way...like someone who wasn't even that serious can still be friends with him but I don't even exist...and that would suck!

You can block your ex from your page so that they can never see anything involving you. If they search on you, you wont be found. If your tagged in a pic, it wont be visible to them. I did it to my ex because it caused some mutual friend issues. Evidently it was OK for her to hang out with them and a new person, but they werent supposed to hang out with me and a new person. So blocked.

I personally wouldn't add him if he tried to add you. My ex of 4 years just discovered facebook but he's not much of an online person so he's never on it. But as "popular" as he was back in the day and today, he has literally hundreds of comments a month from people he's known for over 20 years... It should have bothered me when we were together but it didn't because I knew how social of a person he is. Well, he's currently my ex going on about 4 months or so and I still am glad I never added him. (I set up his facebook and know the pass) For some reason I trust him, but I know how OCD I am so I just refuse to even log on or add him due to the fact I know I'd be obsessing. (Even though I'm 100% sure he's not doing anything wrong or dating now we're broken up.)

Anywho, I think the internet's the devil... lol. I know this is easier said than done, but keeping the ex off your facebook and myspace will make break ups a loooot easier...

yeah i peeked at my ex's facebook today after not looking for a while ( i wish he would block me so i couldn't) and he was friends with a girl he was enemies with back in the day. he's been doing that with a lot of ppl lately. anyone he has been mean to he is apologizing to... it's really weird. it def makes me feel funny. here he is being all nice to ppl who don't deserve it when he treats me like the scum of the earth now. insult to injury.

Archived