Elliptical Machine...then swimming laps to lose weight?

So I'm starting my new workout plan which will consist of doing the elliptical machine at the gym for 40 minutes, then jumping in the pool and swimming laps for about twenty minutes. I used to swim competitively for about six years so I know what Im doing in terms of strokes and timing myself. I like the way I feel after I swim and I feel like it tightens my muscles up! My concern is that I don't know much about fitness. Is this a good plan? I want to lose some weight and tone up. Any fitness Gurus out there????

There are signs that say you shouldn't swim after working out?? Why? I take a complete shower before I get in the pool. It's mandatory.

I did think about doing the machines on certain days and then swimming on the others but I like the feeling of working out the muscles on the elliptical and then swimming in the pool. I feel toned and elongated I just want to know if this is a good way to burn fat or if I should do something else. I'm really clueless about fitness. Unfortunately.

Swimming would be excellent after a workout ...it will help prevent any soreness just ensure that you keep yourself well hydrated at all times..The good thing with swimming also is as you know you can set your own pace..go hard or relax..

you don't necessarily have to be sore. you have to try and maintain double your resting heart rate for 10 minutes or longer to really promote weight loss. your plan sounds good. for best results, try lifting some weights before doing the cardio. also, watch your calorie intake.

Archived