What's wrong with attracting older men?

BronzedSkin123

I know on a lot of dating sites it's not a good thing if you attract older men and you're a young woman. Why is that?

If you tend to attract older men is it a testament to your attractiveness? Do they tend to go for the young girls that the young guys don't want? It's as if an older man's opinion on beauty isn't as valid as a younger guy.

But older men are in a better position of power of doing that.

Yeah but even though they are older, the younger women are still adults and not minors. We're not talking about children but relations between two adults.

I guess the women who only attract older men should just stay alone according to your logic

Yeah but even though they are older, the younger women are still adults and not minors. We're not talking about children but relations between two adults.

I guess the women who only attract older men should just stay alone according to your logic

The brain hasn't finished maturing until 25. Society says we aren't children. Laws says we are not children. But, in a lot of ways, we are still not grown up.

And, no, they shouldn't stay alone. But, they should be weary of old vultures looking for kicks. My uncle is starting to become one of those guys too.

Because if an older man is consistently going for women way too young for him, most likely they want to use, and manipulate that young girl.

i detest that. i usually end up with much younger women and i don't go for just the 'using' factor.

Being attracted to a older men they are more established and have there stuff together and I find that more attractive

i get that vibe from the younger women i date. they don't have to deal with the guys that party day in and day out just looking to get some. kind of ironic i used to be that guy. lol

I tend to attract older (mostly married or divorced) men. I guess I look like the kind of girl who would be up for it (I'm not). I haven't had a guy my age +/- a year ask me out in a long time.

Why is it bad? It's bad for me because it would never work out with any of them and I suspect they are probably just looking for sex. I don't want to be with someone who is more than 7 years older than me for that reason.

I tend to attract older (mostly married or divorced) men. I guess I look like the kind of girl who would be up for it (I'm not). I haven't had a guy my age +/- a year ask me out in a long time.

Why is it bad? It's bad for me because it would never work out with any of them and I suspect they are probably just looking for sex. I don't want to be with someone who is more than 7 years older than me for that reason.

basically for the 'married' reason though, not cause they are older. right?

basically for the 'married' reason though, not cause they are older. right?

Not just that. I don't want to feel like a little girl in a relationship. I prefer to be more of an equal. Even when I dated someone 5 years older than me it bothered me when he would say things like "Don't worry, in a few years..." and "I remember when I was your age..." I want to go through the life stages with someone and not after they've already gone through it all.

Not just that. I don't want to feel like a little girl in a relationship. I prefer to be more of an equal. Even when I dated someone 5 years older than me it bothered me when he would say things like "Don't worry, in a few years..." and "I remember when I was your age..." I want to go through the life stages with someone and not after they've already gone through it all.

okay, that's a better answer than saying because they are married. that's just circumstance. that's just a guy being an idiot.

it depends on how much older. when I was in my early 20's I dated older men because I tended to have more in common with them in conversation than men my age. sometimes its just a pervert situation, but older men can offer younger women more than younger men can...in many different areas

Because that makes you a lolita or something.

I lose respect with a yonger girl if I see her cohorting with an older guy. It tells me that she must really need money, especially if it's a yonge black girl with an old white guy that's old enough to be her great grand-father and she is looking for a sugar daddy, or is otherwise someone that is not girlfriend material. I would not respect a girl like and would look at her like a hor.

I remember I used to see this cashier noticing me at the store, and I would also look at her back and she was actually forming on my radar. Then one day I saw her flirting around with an older guy, I'm like, okay, this lady has lost credibility with me and I can't take her seriously anymore.

Because that makes you a lolita or something.

I lose respect with a yonger girl if I see her cohorting with an older guy. It tells me that she must really need money, especially if it's a yonge black girl with an old white guy that's old enough to be her great grand-father and she is looking for a sugar daddy, or is otherwise someone that is not girlfriend material. I would not respect a girl like and would look at her like a hor.

I remember I used to see this cashier noticing me at the store, and I would also look at her back and she was actually forming on my radar. Then one day I saw her flirting around with an older guy, I'm like, okay, this lady has lost credibility with me and I can't take her seriously anymore.

Why does the skin colour matter?

Why does the skin colour matter?

Most black people, in particular cashiers, are from backgrounds where they are living paycheque to paycheque, or from troubled backgrounds (i.e. their father just has sex with 50 women and they are born out of wedlock or some other crap) Older white guys are seen to have money. Secondly, my dad himself is white and he tends to flirt with yonger black women -- then asks my mom for money when he's broke once he's spent all his money on some stupid girls.

So, that's a reference from my dad's behaviour and type of girls he flirts with, and what I've seen myself and am just commenting from personal observation.

I tend to only attract the attention older men, but I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it. Though it does understandably bother my boyfriend...

I'm 19. No one under 25 looks at me (my roommate gets all the attention!), but 26+ do. The average tends to be about 30-35. I think I just LOOK older, so there's nothing manipulative or shifty going on. It's just a little...weird.

Archived