i never have and probably never will have a girlfriend

I have never had a girlfriend in my life and everyday that passes by and i see any young couples kissing i get totally jealous. i am even getting to the point that i am getting jealous of my best mate and his girlfriend and don't want to be around them.

but firstly i am 18 and i have a normal build of body but the one think that i have hated about myself is that i used to have bad acne but i don't have it too bad now. i used to go through every day and look in the mirror and get totally depressed when the spots are still there in the morning and then realise that my chances of finding love is pretty slim.

i recently worked in a bar and have chatted with a really cute girl that i really liked but only to find out she had a boyfriend but i can't get her out iof my head. i need help with myself because the more i see and think of myself as being ugly due to my spots i loose my self confidence to a point that i get nervous to talk on the phone. i seem to be lacking confidence to talk to any girl which i had to build up a heck of confidence to talk to the girl i liked that works with me in the bar. please help me cus i have read through most of the posts and feel that you have been a great help to others.

You will have a girlfriend one day...probably sooner than you think. 18 is still very young. Don't worry about your skin...it will clear up soon. But I assure you, not having a girl has nothing to do with having acne. It's probably your lack of confidence because of the acne that is less attractive.

So...learn to love yorself for who you are! No one can love you unless you love yourself. Everyone has faults.

You are a smart and I'm sure very attractive guy. I'm sure you have alot to offer. Just believe in yourself!

There are probably lots of girls out there who are 18 and never had a boyfriend as well. Don't worry.

Sometimes the most unpopular people when they are teens end up being really desirable.

Acne will go away, so consider yourself fortunate. There are some with problems that will NEVER go away.

You will get a girlfriend, and when you do end up getting one then you will really appreciate her and be a good boyfriend to her because you have had to wait this time.

That will make it extra special.

Meanwhile just busy yourself with keeping fit and self-improvement. This will work wonders on your own self esteem and lead to more confidence.

lost in the clouds,

You mentioned that there is a cute girl that you can't get out of you head. That really struck a chord with me because I am going through the same thing, there is an older Indian lady that I pass by occasionally when I am walking to the train station in the afternoon after work. It all began when she looked me in the eyes one afternoon when she passed me, I felt like I was in love with her. She is probably in her thirties and married but she is really sexy and I love it when she wears a short business skirt that shows her great legs.

After work I always keep an eye out for her and I feel really dissappointed if I don't see her.

thanks for the advice from you all. But i have another problem now. Me and my friends went to a club where i met a very attractive girl and we danced. It took every bit of confidence i had to dance with her but i did. We seemed to be getting on pretty well until i walked her home and on the way i put my arms around her and she told me no. I didn't know what to do then and worried that i had made the wrong move. When i left her she asked for a hug and that was the last time i saw her. I have her number but i was wondering wether making that move on her on the way back to hers was a good idea and wether i will ever see her again. i then started to get quite low and started blaming it on my acne problem again. Can you give me any advice on wether i might have a chance with her even though it seemed she didn't like me as much as i liked her.

I feel for you. I'm 18 and sometimes feel the same thing. I see all these couples around and wonder when love will find me. Well, I've learned to get over it. I've had a lot of rejections in my life, but I won't give up. I'm still relatively young, and I'll eventually have a relationship. Don't give up! Love will find you, when you least expect it...

Hey, I feel for you guys. I didn't have my first date until I was 17, and didn't have a real girlfriend till I was 18. I had a lot of the same problems, wondering if I'd be alone for a long time... thinking it was because of acne.

But it's not acne at all that's your problem, it's the low self esteem that goes along with it. Personally, my life has been a lot better since I figured that out. And socially, too, not just in dating.

Just stop spending so much time worrying about what other people think of your appearance. Has anyone ever TOLD you that you look bad, or have you just worried so much that you've convinced yourself you do? Your problem is 99% mental. CONFIDENCE is one of the main things that will attract women. Make eye contact with people, and don't be afraid to talk to anyone. You don't have to LOOK as better than everyone else, but you can ACT like you do.

• 2 months later...

Hun, you're only 18. I know, I know. I hate it when people say that. But I mean it in a good way. My little sister is your age and she's never had a boyfriend. There are HUNDREDS of 18 year old people- even OLDER people- who have never been in that kind of a relationship. It has nothing to do with personality, or body type, or anything like that. She just hasn't come your way yet. You should be having fun and not stressing out over something so small as this. When it's your time, it will happen. Until then, relax and enjoy what you DO have before it's gone!

Ya man ddue dont get urself into a depression once i did i am never happy anymore.Im starting to think that mine might be chemical partly because my mom has depression all the time.Im never happy anymore and im extremely depressed one bad thing after another.While u have the chance keep talking to girls like u r now and try to find one that u can maybe get to know and go out with and get happy.I just dont want other people to get like me and others are at all i do not want that because it is not fun being so unhappy and depressed all the time like i am now.Ever since i started liking girls my life seems like crap i try to stay out of that subject and keep my mind off of it.Once u get depressed in one thing it usually starts to effect everything and i dont think u really want that.Thing after thing after thing keeps on bothering and i dont really recall when the last time i was happy for a straigh week usually at least about 4 days out of the week ill come home depressed and feeling hopeless.So please keep ur mind set straight and be a happy person and dont dig urself into a hole like i have in depression.

Go get a perscription for Accutane for starters............

I made my first million before I had my first relationship that lasted

longer than 3 days............

Luckily--- if acne is your primary issue--- you'll have your waning testosterone ahead of you to keep those sebacious glands under control...