Is it wrong to be a player?

mike2009

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, actually. i've stopped guys and said that before. guys have stopped me and said it before. it's awkward for a sec but if she's cool with it then she'll continue. all you have to do is stop kissing and be like "before we go any further, i just want to let you know that i'm not looking for anything serious." awkward yes but honest too.

I would imagine someone with these values would be a little awkward making out with someone they've known for a couple hours, then? If they're up for getting extremely physical while still barely knowing anything about one another, you can probably assume they probably don't feel "used" or "bad" about having casual sex.

After going to college and living on campus I've been made aware of just how many females don't mind the casual stuff at all just from what I've seen. It's hard for me to say what "most" feel, I don't have any info on that.

And "No different from a rapist." I just read that from someone else. You're joking right? That's ridiculous.

A lot of girls try to think they are okay with casual sex and still wind up being hurt. I didn't live on campus (thank God), but made plenty of girl friends. One friend in particular would say (on several occasions), "So I slept with _____ last night," very casually, then a few days later would be upset that she hadn't heard from him. This happens A LOT. You're not a girl, so you don't hear that side of the story.

I'm not a casual sex kind of girl and even I have been used a couple of times--developed feelings for someone who wound up just using me in the end. Happens every day. Not something I have to worry about anymore, thankfully.

Woah dude, I'm guessing you've never been raped.

In my honest estimation that would be kind of dumb. I'm no player, nor am privy to the minds of most males or females, but when you are doing it a couple of hours after the first meeting, then I would think that the nature of the relationship is understood. Unless you just had some kind of otherworldly connection with that person.

well i don't think it's logical that they do that either but sex=emotions for many many girls. it's how we're wired. especially young college girls, they sometimes dont' know how to separate emotion from sex. when i was that age, I took any attention from a guy as "oh he likes me! he thinks i'm pretty! we'll make babies one day!" even aftre a couple hours of meeting while hooking up. now i know better. sex is sex. but many girls don't realize that.

A lot of girls try to think they are okay with casual sex and still wind up being hurt. I didn't live on campus (thank God), but made plenty of girl friends. One friend in particular would say (on several occasions), "So I slept with _____ last night," very casually, then a few days later would be upset that she hadn't heard from him. This happens A LOT. You're not a girl, so you don't hear that side of the story.

I'm not a casual sex kind of girl and even I have been used a couple of times--developed feelings for someone who wound up just using me in the end. Happens every day. Not something I have to worry about in more, thankfully.

I'm not saying that this doesn't happen, but the guy is not to blame in this scenario. Every individual needs to know what they are and aren't ok with, and if they try to fool themselves and end up getting hurt, they have no one to blame but themselves.

It's an accountability thing.

I'm not a casual sex kind of girl and even I have been used a couple of times--developed feelings for someone who wound up just using me in the end. Happens every day. Not something I have to worry about in more, thankfully.

How is that the guy's fault though?, how can he be responsible for something a woman thought she could take. That's like that scene from Raging Bull, you know, if De Niro would have gotten mad at Pesci because he hit him too hard.

yeah, actually. i've stopped guys and said that before. guys have stopped me and said it before. it's awkward for a sec but if she's cool with it then she'll continue. all you have to do is stop kissing and be like "before we go any further, i just want to let you know that i'm not looking for anything serious." awkward yes but honest too.

thats lame though i did it before and she just said your stupid and we continued lol

I'm not saying that this doesn't happen, but the guy is not to blame in this scenario. Every individual needs to know what they are and aren't ok with, and if they try to fool themselves and end up getting hurt, they have no one to blame but themselves.

i agree with this, but the OP should still keep his side of the street clean. He should be accountable for his actions. His posts on this thread seem to say that he wants them to read his mind, that he assumes they woudl just know. But he can't do that. So unless he doesn't have a conscience, he should at least try to be honest to spare others' feelings.

well i don't think it's logical that they do that either but sex=emotions for many many girls. it's how we're wired. especially young college girls, they sometimes dont' know how to separate emotion from sex. when i was that age, I took any attention from a guy as "oh he likes me! he thinks i'm pretty! we'll make babies one day!" even aftre a couple hours of meeting while hooking up. now i know better. sex is sex. but many girls don't realize that.

hence not my fault i dont have time to explain life to them right?

I like his comments lol he feels my pain

i agree with this, but the OP should still keep his side of the street clean. He should be accountable for his actions. His posts on this thread seem to say that he wants them to read his mind, that he assumes they woudl just know. But he can't do that. So unless he doesn't have a conscience, he should at least try to be honest to spare others' feelings.

but if it never comes up and we just have fun which leads to sex how is it my fault?

It might interfere with his sex quest.

then that's where it becomes wrong. instead of having even a hint of morals, he's going after sex and not worrying about anyone else but himself. it's fine that he wants sex, but i'm trying to explain to him that he's gong to end up hurting some girls. sure, it's not necessarily going to be his fault b/c the girls shoudl know what they're getting themselves into if they have sex with a guy theyve known for a short time, but this isn't a perfect world. he should keep his side of the street clean to keep him free of hurting others.

How is the guy not to blame? He makes her think he likes her, as in not just in it for sex, and then it's wam bam thank you mam, and the girls is supposed to say to herself, "I should have known..."

Guys aren't as overt to their intentions as they think they are, and that is entirely their fault. It is much less awkward for a guy to briefly say, "I don't want a relationship" before doing the deed than a girl to say, "So if we have sex, does that mean you like me-like me and we can be boyfriend/girlfriend some day?"

I mean, yeah, if you meet a girl in the bar, it's kind of obvious it's casual. But when you're inviting classmates over to "study" and you have spent time with them regularly, it's a little harder to decipher.

And, mike, you're having sex with girls who are relationships? If the shoe fits, wear it...

Archived