Saying Farewell To An Ex

Rinkydink

We all go through it at some point. For some of us, it is one of the hardest things you'll ever do, for others it'll be more like "good riddance".

How did your last goodbyes with your ex go? What were the reasons behind it? Who was it who decided it was for the best? Any regrets over the decision?

-----------------------------

Right now I'm in the position where I will have to do this quite soon. Me and my ex have been broken up for nearly 2 months now, maintaining LC throughout. She broke up with me because she "fell out of love".

We've still been close everytime we've met up, still in most ways acting like a couple, and we've already had sex a few times since the break-up. However, when we're apart, we barely talk. The annoying thing is, she seems quite content with all this without actually being a couple, getting the benefits of a relationship whilst still on the open market to other guys. This is of course driving me nuts since I still have feelings for her, and I'm not going to be in limbo for much longer. It's all or nothing.

I'll be confronting her pretty soon, saying that if we're still acting like a couple then we should give it another shot. If she agrees, then awesome. If she says no, then I will have no choice but to part ways with her, once and for all. My feelings won't die if she still talks to me, and is still around, especially the way we still are with each other. I won't be around when she's getting with other guys, I won't be her emotional tampon, and I won't be her shoulder to cry on.

One way or another, these feelings won't be going to waste much longer.

I've said goodbye to my ex of one year. While he was my best friend, and I loved him dearly he treated me disrespectfully during the break up. He also left me when I was having medical issues.

Sometimes you have to say goodbye to the ones that you love to maintain your self respect. Its the hardest thing to do.

It'll definitely be one of the hardest things I'll ever do. Not only am I throwing away someone who means so much to me, but a couple of her pals I'm friends with aswell. I'll be leaving behind so much, but I know it's the right thing to do because I come first, and it'll be the only way for me to truly get over her and move on.

Having sex is not "low contact". Low contact is when you only contact when it is absolutely necessary ( i.e., you have kids together or property together and you need to resolve it, or you get the other's mail and need to send it to them but no casual, friendly chitchats.)

I would stop meeting up. Go NC. She can't miss you if you meet up with her and hang out. I wouldn't announce that you have no contact - just do it. Don't initiate calls and don't answer her calls for awhile.

Alright maybe I'm throwing the LC term about loosely, but you get my drift. And no, she would deserve an explanation for my farewell and she'll get one. When I say farewell I'll mean it, expecting not to speak to her ever again, removing all ties, and not caring whether she'd miss me or not, because if it happens I'm not going to look for reconciliation. End of a chapter, start of a new one.

Anyways, anyone else got more of these experiences to tell?

Leaving my ex was reaaaally hard. First time I was still crazy about him but he had turned passive so I did it out of self respect. I was extremely close to him and it hurt like nothing ever before. Second time wasn't that painful cos it was all that was left to do and because for once he finally agreed.

I tried to leave many times but he used to always pull me back, hindering my progress, having "epiphanies" about love, promising things that I eventually understood were beyond his capabilities.

Our relationship was soooo dramatic, seriously I wouldn't wish this on anyone.. Emotionally exhausting. I am so much happier now cos at least there is an end to this pain whereas before it was pain without an end. If he was able to maintain NC this would have finished long ago. So no regrets over the decision, I just hope I had the strength to not pick up the phone or give in to his pleading, then I'd been better sooner.

Archived